About the Organisations
The National Law School of India University [NLSIU] is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was the first National Law University to be established in India as well as one of the first in the country to offer the five-year integrated undergraduate law degree.
About the Webinar
Topic: Migrant Workers and Urban Governance: Responsibilities of Urban Local Bodies and Human Rights.
The Two-Day Webinar is a collaboration of the Chair on Urban Poor under the Ministry of Urban Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Government of India; Directorate of Municipal Administration, Government of Karnataka with CEERA-NLSIU.
Paper Presentation and Submissions
The Webinar invites well researched original research papers, case studies and survey reports are from the academics, practitioners, researchers, students and other stakeholders working and interested in this area. Research papers shall be subject to the approval of the Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar proceedings.
All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software. Selected papers will be published as E-Magazine in IN LAW Magazine, NLSIU bearing ISSN: 2349-624X.
The themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main themes:
- Role of Municipality and Governance for Migrant workers;
- ULBs and Quality of life, Healthcare services, Hygiene, sanitation and Environment for Migrant workers;
- ULBs and Housing facilities, Civic amenities and Living conditions for Migrant workers;
- ULBs and Food and adequate nutrition for migrant families;
- Transport and mobility services;
- Economic and financial support;
- ULBs and labour entitlements of migrant workers;
- ULBs and Protection of Women migrant workers and children;
- Use of technology and tracking migrant workers;
- Smart Cities and Migrant workers;
- Non-state Actors, Gig Economy and plight of migrant workers;
- Urban Missions and Schemes in relation to Migrant workers.
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, of original research papers on the above mentioned themes, are invited. The abstract must be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s) for pre-scrutiny and confirmation.
- There can be a maximum of two authors for each abstract/paper.
- All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to Raghav Parthasarathy at raghavparthasarathy[at]nls.ac.in on or before date June 25th, 2020.
- Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to register on or before June 25th, 2020.
- The full-length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Authors are required to adhere to a uniform style of citation (20th Edition of The Bluebook is recommended.
- Academicians, Researchers and PhD/Doctoral Scholars from the field of Urban Planning and Management;
- Lawyers and Legal Professionals, Consultants;
- Government Officers, Officers of Public Sector Undertakings;
- Representatives of Governing and Regulatory Bodies;
- Stakeholders from Non-Governmental Organisations, Think-Tank Groups, etc.
- Participants are encouraged to register before June 30th 2020;
- Submission of Abstracts along with Registration: June 30th 2020;
- Selected Abstract Communication: July 1st 2020;
- Submission of Final Paper (After the Webinar): July 30th 2020;
- Date of Seminar: July 3rd and 4th 2020.
Participants may register by paying a registration of fee of Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred rupees only) to be paid by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS/Demand Draft in favour of DIRECTOR NLSIU SCHEMES AND PROJECTS, payable at Bengaluru, along with the duly filled Registration Form attached. Upon remittance of Course Fees, the participant(s) shall send the Transaction Details along with a duly filled Registration Form to Ms. Susheela at susheela[at]nls.ac.in.
Participants will be awarded E-Certificate and not in print.