ILNU or Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is hosting a Virtual International Conference on the theme “Language, Law, Literature: Dialogic Interfaces” on March 23-24.
About The NIRMA University
Nirma University was established in 2003 as a statutory university under Gujarat State Act, and as an initiative of the Nirma Education & Research Foundation (NERF). The university has been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act.
Institute of Law was established with a vision to promote excellence in the field of law and justice, and sets high standards in the field of legal education. The Institute emphasizes the allround development of its students, and aims at not only producing good professionals, but also good and worthy citizens of a great country aiding in its overall progress and development.
About the Conference
Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is organizing a Virtual International Conference on the theme “Language, Law, Literature: Dialogic Interfaces” to explore the methods and possibilities of conceptual and pedagogical enrichment across language, legal and literary studies through a meaningful exchange of ideas and methods on March 23-24, 2021. The Conference is a pioneering event for a project initiated by ILNU, which aims to develop library resources and pedagogical approaches in this area.
As the law, language and literature have a vital role in our everyday socio-political existence, dialogic interfaces cutting across these domains would facilitate mutual understanding, critique, and bridging of gaps in terms of pedagogy and practice. The potential of language and literature for unraveling the self, life-worlds, and social situations would help law contemplate nuanced interpretations, wide-ranging possibilities, and deeper semantics of crime, punishment, justice, and working of the legal system.
- Develop a collection of texts that would tap into the interdisciplinary/ dialogic possibilities of language, law, and literature
- Compile a working bibliography as the first step to this process
- Design a pedagogical strategy that could put to use this collection for a more perspicacious understanding of law as a discipline, practice, and system
- Develop a clear understanding of the potential benefits and desired outcome of the intervention through continuous experimentation and reorientation
- Setting an action plan and goals concerning the degree and types of competency projected as the outcome of this intervention
Academicians and professionals in the areas of language, law, and literature who would like to share their thoughts and experiences on diverse thematic possibilities
- Abstract Submission: February 20, 2021
- Registration Deadline and Submission of Full Paper: March 15, 2021
Click here to register for the conference.
Email ID: ilnu.conference[at]nirmauni.ac.in
Note: Submission deadlines and detailed information about the Conference can be found in the Brochure.