About NUSRL, Ranchi and CHRSS
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL) is a law school situated in Ranchi. It was established by an Act of Jharkhand State Assembly in 2010. The University started functioning in September 2010 and was subsequently recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Along with offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses, the University also provides for a conducive environment for legal research.
The Centre for Human Rights and Subaltern Studies (CHRSS) has been created with an objective to work towards the promotion and protection of human rights. The Centre focuses on various facets encompassing the violation of human rights.
Call for Papers
The Centre for Human Rights and Subaltern Studies (CHRSS), NUSRL, Ranchi invites original and unpublished manuscripts on contemporary issues pertaining to Human Rights for publication in the inaugural edition of its annual E-Journal “NUSRL Journal of Human Rights”.
- Research papers (3000-5000 words)
- Book reviews (1000-2000 words)
- Case Studies/Commentaries (1000-3000 words)
The e-journal seeks to provide a platform for discourse on various contemporary issues dealing with protection of national as well as international Human Rights. The following is a list (NOT exhaustive) of indicative themes:
- Violation of Human Rights and the Subverted Rule of Law
- Mob Lynching and the Issue of Human Rights
- Subaltern and Vulnerable Groups and the Fight for Human Rights
- Human Rights of Indigenous Groups
- Migration and Human Rights
- Criminal Justice Administration and the Undermined Human Rights
- International Human Rights Laws and Domestic Relevance
- COVID-19 and violations of Human Rights
- Any other Human Rights issue of contemporary relevance
Original and unpublished entries from scholars including students, academicians, researchers and practitioners in the field of law or any other allied discipline of Social Science, Humanities and Management would be accepted for publication.
The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition) shall be strictly adhered to for Law stream participants and MLA style of Citation for Management, Humanities and Social Sciences stream participants.
Format of Main Text & Footnotes
The Times New Roman font, font size 12 is prescribed for all entries. Further, the footnotes shall be in The Times New Roman font, font size 10. The line spacing of 1.5 and 1.0 shall be followed respectively for Main Text & Footnotes. No Borders, Page Numbers, Headers and Footers are allowed.
Mode of Submission
Soft copies of all the entries are to be sent at [email protected]
- Submission must be made in “Word File/.doc/.docx” format. PDF files are not allowed.
- The first page of the submission must be a Cover Page with all the particulars of the Author & the Co-author like Name, Institution’s Name, Designation, Semester, Course Name, Mobile Number & E-mail Id.
- Rename your Research Paper file before sending it. The name of the submitted Word File should be: “Name of the Author & Co-author (if any)”
- For Example: Sirish Prakash & Ayush Koushik
- All the submissions sent to the University must be original and attached with a declaration to the effect that they should not have been published nor should they be under consideration for publication in any other journal.
- Plagiarized entries are liable to be rejected.
- The Editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out rightly unethical or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities, etc.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our WhatsApp group.
Click Here, to join a WhatsApp group of your choice.
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.