About the Journal
The NMIMS Student Law Review is the flagship law journal of NMIMS Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai. It is an annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed journal.
The journal aims to provide a platform for engaging in multi-disciplinary discussions on various themes of law. The Student Law Review primarily seeks to promote a culture of research, scholarship and academic writing among students and promote meaningful discourse on contemporary legal issues.
The Editorial Board of the NMIMS Student Law Review is pleased to invite original and unpublished manuscripts for publication in Volume III.
Law students pursuing either the three-year LL. B, or the five-year integrated LL.B. program, as well as students pursuing their LL.M. or Ph.D.
The authors are not restricted to any particular area of law and submissions of an inter-disciplinary nature analysing contemporary legal issues are encouraged.
Categories for Submission
- Long Article (6000-10000 words): Articles must comprehensively analyse a contemporary legal issue that the author(s) seeks to highlight. Articles would include research articles and theoretical discussions on any theme of law. It must either indicate the lacunae therein or, attempt to suggest possible changes, which can address the said lacunae or alternatively holistically cover the subject matter while offering a critical analysis of the chosen theme.
- Short Article (3000-5000 words): Articles must be concise and condensed in their scope and conceptualisation vis-a-vis long articles. They must challenge existing principles and provide a fresh interpretation of an issue.
- Comments (1500-3000 words): A comment allows the author(s) to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement, legislation or a bill. The focus of a comment should be on a relatively recent pronouncement or legislation.
- The manuscript’s title must be on the first text page and must be title of the file.
- Font must be Times New Roman and sized 12 for main text, and 10 for footnotes.
- Line Spacing must be 1.5 for main text and 1.0 for footnotes.
- One line gap must be maintained between all paragraphs and headings.
- Alignment must be justified.
- All text, including hyperlinks, must be in black colour only.
Abstract and Keywords
All manuscripts must contain an abstract of 200-300 words. The abstract length is excluded from the respective submission word limits. The abstract must also contain 5 keywords.
Co-Authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
In order to facilitate our anonymous review process, we require you to confine your name, email address, phone number and affiliation and only enter such details in the form. No such information is permitted in any part of the manuscript.
Submitted manuscripts should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication at the time of submission. The author(s) undertake to inform NMIMS Student Law Review immediately in case the manuscript under consideration OR published manuscript is under consideration for publication elsewhere.
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.