VIT-AP School of Law and EJSSS are hosting a webinar on Public Health: Policy, Law and Right Perspective, and is calling for papers for presentation.
About the VIT-AP School of Law
Continuing with the tradition of excellence in education, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has started VIT-AP School of Law (VSL) at VIT-AP University, near Vijayawada during 2020. VSL approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), aims to impart quality legal education with a robust curriculum that prepares students for future legal challenges. VSL is focused on contemporary developments and challenges and offers solutions to them.
About the EJSSS
Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies is an Open Access, peer-reviewed journal for publication of research articles, book reviews, case studies, and thesis synopsis pertaining to all disciplines of social sciences and strategic studies. It is a member journal of Crossref, with highly accomplished academicians and practitioners from India, Ghana, and the USA on its Editorial and Review boards.
About the Seminar
In the current COVID-19 scenario, debates on Human Rights again occupy the center stage in view of enforced lockdowns. The developments which took place during lockdown challenged the human rights regime such as migrants’ movements in India and their conditions. The treatment and response from the central and state governments towards the vulnerable population raised questions about right to livelihood as well as public health. The measures to control the pandemic, including that of developing and distributing vaccines to the least developed countries and vulnerable population is raising questions of discrimination impinging on the concept of social justice.
Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies (EJSSS) together with VIT-AP School of Law are coming together to host a webinar with the objective of exploring the concept of public health as a human rights precept.
Dean, VIT-AP School of Law, and Editor-in-Chief of EJSSS will co-host the webinar. The webinar will be conducted on the Google Meet platform owned by the Journal. The recording will be hosted on the journal’s YouTube Channel.
- Last date for submission of Abstract: 20th March 2021.
- Intimation of acceptance of Abstract: 25th March 2021.
- Last date for submission of Manuscripts: 5th April 2021.
- Conference: 10th April 2021.
Sub-themes of the Seminar
1. Public health and policy perspectives
2. Public health: Legal and Rights Perspectives
The above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive.
The paper presenters may select topics covered under the Main theme.
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from faculties, Lawyers, Research scholars, and students on any sub thematic areas or they could be submitted on the main theme in general. The selected Quality research paper will be published in Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies
Guidelines for Submission of Research Paper: –
- The first page of the article should contain full name of the authors with designation and correspondence address. (Both Institution and residential)
- The research must be original in nature and is neither published nor under consideration for publication anywhere else.
- It is mandatory to mention a valid email and mobile number.
- The abstract should not be more than 200-250 words and it should adequately describe the work and highlight its significance. Avoid the use of abbreviations and references in the abstract. The abstract should be followed by relevant keywords (at least seven keywords).
- The main paper (Manuscripts) should contain a minimum of 3000 words and should not normally exceed more than 8000 words (including graphs & charts).
- The article should be typed in Times New Roman, Font 12, English, with a one and half space and single column with 1” margin on an A4 size Paper. The Page numbers are NOT to be given since the journal pages are serially numbered. Please avoid the header/footer. All headings & subheadings must be in bold letters.
- Footnotes, italics, and quotation marks should be kept to the minimum.
- The research paper must be submitted in MS WORD (2003/2007) and newer versions.
- Style of Citation: – Journal accepts citations only in APA 6th Edition format.
For complete submission guidelines, visit the event page on the website.
Abstract and Manuscripts should be sent to [email protected]National-E-Seminar-Brochure-22-2