About the Organization
MNLU Mumbai is a premier National Law University and Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations is dedicated for training & research in areas of commercial laws & practices.
About MNLU’s Online National Seminar on Competition Policy and Cartels
Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations (CTRCR), MNLU Mumbai is organizing One Day National Seminar on ‘Competition Policy & Cartels’.
- Legal & Enforcement Framework
- Cartels in digital platform market
- Hard Core Cartels
- Soft Cartels
- International Cartels
- Dawn Raids & Investigations
- Calculation of Fines in various jurisdictions
- Punishments: Civil & Criminal Liability
- Leniency Programme
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- Private Enforcement Actions
- Cartels in Pandemic Times
Note: The sub-themes mentioned above are only suggestive. The authors are free to include any issues within the main theme.
This conference is aimed at students, researchers, academicians, executives of companies and practitioners in the area of Competition Law. The conference will have a balance of lectures and presentations from academia as well as the practitioners.
- There can be a maximum of three Co-Authors for a Research Paper. All the author as well as co-authors will have to separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees.
- One co-author or all may present the paper.
- Only those who submit the full paper can attend the conference and present their paper.
Submission of Papers
A 500-word abstract of the paper including research questions, methodology and expected results along with one-page curriculum vitae and contact details should be submitted initially.
Authors of selected abstracts will then be invited to submit full original papers of not more than 5000 words. The paper should be original.
It should be submitted in word, single-spaced in Times Roman 12 and the margins should be 4.9cm (top & bottom) and 4.5 cm (left and right margins). Footnotes should follow The Bluebook: A Uniform System of citation 20th Edition with the font of Times Roman 10.
- Last date of submission of abstracts: 26 November 2020
- Review, Selection and intimation to authors: 28 November 2020
- Last Day for Early Bird Registration for Conference: 30 November 2020
- Last Day of Submission of Full Paper: 9 December 2020
- Conference Date: 12 December 2020
Abstracts have to be submitted as word documents, with a covering letter containing the name, designation and affiliation/profile of the author(s), and should be emailed to kiran[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in with the subject ‘Abstract Submission’.
Certificate of Merit would be given for Best Presentation in each session.
All Certificates will be couriered to the address of participants
Subject to consent of any reputed publisher, few selected papers may be published in book form.
On abstract being selected, the author/authors have to register by making an online payment. In the case of more than one author, all co-authors have to register separately.
After registration, participants shall write a mail to [email protected] with the subject ‘Registration and Payment Details’. The mail shall include the Amount deposited, date of transaction and transaction ID.
Registration Fees for MNLU’s Online National Seminar
Under Graduate Students
- Early Bird Registration Rs. 750/-
- Late Registration Rs. 1000/-
- Early Bird Registration Rs. 1000/-
- Late Registration Rs. 1500/-
For Participants of Certificate Course on Competition Law: Rs. 500
- Beneficiary Name: Maharastra National Law University, Mumbai
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Branch: Powai (Mumbai)
- Account Number: 8709000100018239
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
For any query, write a mail to [email protected]