About the National Law University, Jodhpur
National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur Act, 1999 by Rajasthan State Legislation. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
About the Journal
The Centre for Corporate Governance is a research hub under the rubrics of National Law University, Jodhpur, dedicated to research and development of governance standards for the corporate world. To promote holistic research on areas covered within the broad ambit of corporate law, the Centre came out with a bi-annual publication in 2008, known as Journal on Governance (also known as ‘Journal on Corporate Law and Governance’).
The Journal on Corporate Law & Governance [“JCLG”] is evidence of invincible research, thought-provoking ideas and significant academic and intellectual standards. It offers a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary corporate law issues, both from an academic and industry perspective. The Journal is peer-reviewed with ISSN serial publication No. 0976-0369 and indexed on prestigious legal databases SCC Online and Manupatra.
discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume VI, Issue I.
- Long Articles (6,000 – 7,500 words): Long Articles must comprehensively analyse important themes and may adopt comparative perspectives. It must contain an analysis of the current legal scenario, help the reader identify the lacunae therein, and provide constructive suggestions.
- Short Articles (5,000 – 6,000 words): The category includes submissions that undertake an in-depth study of specific legal issues and gives the reader valuable insight into the legal challenge identified by the author.
- Essays (4,000 – 5,000 words): The category is inclusive of both case notes and comments that discuss any contemporary question of law
Mandate of the Journal
Submissions must fall within the mandate of the journal which include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Securities Law
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Insolvency Law
- Investment Law (including venture capital, private equity, foreign investment, project
Theme and Sub-Themes
The broad theme of the Journal for Volume VI Issue I is “New Developments in Business Laws: Mending the Failures or Bolstering the Existing Challenges?”
The sub-themes for this issue are as follows:
- Fractional Share Investing in India & its Impact on the Governance of Companies.
- Winds of Change in Insider Trading Phenomena – Whether SEBI’s Discussion Paper is a
step in the right direction or blind acceptance of western standards?
- SEBI wobbles on separation of CMD (Chairman & Managing Director) position: A
misstep under Corporate Governance Responsibility?
- Assessing the efficacy of Social Stock Exchange: Taking lessons from regulatory
experience around the world and tailoring the framework suitable to Indian needs.
- Aftermath of the NSE co-location scam: A wake up call for corporate governance
- Key Managerial Personnel Appointments: Applicability of Section 203 of the Companies
Act, 2013 to private companies(Hamlin Trust &Ors. v. LSFIO Rose Investments &Ors.)
- IBC v. SEBI: An Anatomical Snapshot.
- Twin Tower Demolition: Igniting the Builder v. Homebuyers debate under Insolvency
- All is well, except“Control”: A Critical Review of ‘Revamped’ Overseas Investment
- The long due overhaul of the Overseas Direct Investment Regime: Locating India in
International Investment Regime
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- Each submission may have maximum of two authors.
- The manuscript should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.15 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in Garamond, font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors must conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation.
- Please refer to our guide to Bluebook (20th edition) here.
- The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission. Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by through a three stage Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
- We attempt to review and process articles within 10-12 weeks of submission. Please follow up with us, if you have not heard from us within 12 weeks.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand. 5
- The author must inform the Journal if he/she has submitted the manuscript to other platforms prior to its acceptance for publication in the Journal. The author must withdraw his/her submission accordingly.
- JCLG is committed to open access for academic work. All the articles published are freely accessible immediately from the date of publication. The Journal does not charge the authors any fee or charge prior to publication, and no charge for any reader for accessing and downloading our articles for their own personal use.
Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to [email protected] with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] –Volume VI Issue I.”
The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)] – [Title of submission].”
The e-mail must contain a covering letter providing the contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address of the authors.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.