About the Jagan Nath University
Jagan Nath University, Jaipur has been established by Act No. 19 of 2008 of the Rajasthan State Legislature and approved by University Grants Commission under the UGC Act, 1956.
All the professional courses are run with the approval of regulatory bodies i.e. Bar Council of India, Council of Architecture, National Council for Teacher Education, Pharmacy Council of India, etc. The university has a vast campus spread over 40 acres of land with all modern educational facilities and a 10.5-acre campus at Sitapura, Jaipur.
About the Faculty of Law
In order to meet the challenges of globalization and liberalization and to develop an institution of excellence in legal education, Jagan Nath University established the Faculty of Law in the year 2009. The Faculty of Law is dedicated to creating a new breed of dynamic and future Law Graduates who will be in a position to use the
knowledge acquired here towards the creation of a better society and indeed, a brighter future for themselves.
About the Seminar
The Competition Act, 2002 was enacted by the Parliament of India and governs Indian competition law. It replaced The Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Act, 1969. Under this legislation, the Competition Commission of India was established to prevent activities that have an adverse effect on competition in India. It is a law that promotes or seeks to maintain market competition by regulating anti-competitive conduct by companies. The task of implementation of this Act is assigned to the Competition Commission of India. There are many issues and concerns that need attention and need to be discussed with proper suggestions of academicians on broad platforms. Against this backdrop, the Faculty of Law, Jagan Nath University, Jaipur is organizing a sponsored one-day National Seminar in collaboration with the Competition Commission of India.
The Seminar will focus on the following sub-themes:
- Competition Advocacy
- Legislation and its critical analysis on competition law.
- Competition Law and Policy- National and International Perspectives
- Competition Law and Economics and Commerce
- Competition Law and Development
- Competition Law and International Trade
- Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights
- Competition Policies and its applicability in various sectors-Agriculture, Service, Education, Business and Industrial Sectors
- Mergers/ Acquisitions and Competition Law
- Enforcement of Competition Law: Issues & Strategies
Call for Papers
- Research Papers are invited from the Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars, and Students on the topics related to the above themes. It is proposed that the selected papers will be published in a special volume in the form of an edited book with an ISBN Number.
- Abstract of the paper must be submitted by 19th March 2021.
- Full paper for publication may be submitted by 10th April 2021.
- Authors of the papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers during sessions on the day of the Seminar.
- The participants are required to register by 19th March 2021
- National Seminar: 20th March 2021 (Saturday)
- Full paper for publication: 10th April 2021 (Saturday)
For Students, scholars, Academicians and Professionals-Rs. 150
Mode of Payment
- Online Mode: For online registration fees submission Google Pay/ Paytm @ 9456034110
- For IMPS transfer, etc. details may be asked on below email-id with queries, if any.
- Note: Certificate of participation will be issued to all the participants
- Food arrangement for all participants
For more information contact:
- Coordinator: Ms. Alaknanda Rajawat,
Mobile No. 8107212741
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Mobile Number: 9456034110
- For updates log on to: http:/ www.jagannathuniversity.org