About the Journal
The IMS Law Review Journal (Student Edition) is an annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed law journal published by the School of Law, IMS Unison University. Through this, the School aims to foster the spirit of scholarship amongst the student population across the country and set in motion the intellectual curiosity and prosperity of law students.
Call for Papers
The IMS Law Review Journal (Student Edition) is delighted to invite submissions for its second edition. The Journal accepts submissions on any topic of law of contemporary relevance, from law students all over the country and abroad in the form of:
- Articles: 2000-3000 words. (These are evaluations of specific contemporary issues and aim at conceptualizing the issues in a unique and unconventional manner. The assessment of contemporary issues shall be appreciated, though not mandatory).
- Case notes/comments: 1000-2000 words. (These are assessments of the aim and legal impact of contemporary judgments and legislations).
- Essays: 3000-4000 words.
The formatting shall be as per the following:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pts.
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1” from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 10 pts.
- Line Spacing: 1.0
- Alignment: Left
All the sources in the footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest Bluebook 20th edition format. No endnotes are allowed.
- An abstract of about 250-300 words and 5 keywords should be mandatorily included in the same word document as a part of the submission.
- The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Centre Aligned.
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left aligned.
- The contents should in no way, directly or indirectly, indicate or reference the identity of the author(s).
- The submission should be original and non-plagiarized. They should exhibit originality in thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The author(s) must send in the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain all the relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address(es), Phone Number and E-mail ID). A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be entertained.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must indicate the category that the submission is intended for, i.e. Article/Essay/Case Comment/Book Review.
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in “case notes/comments”.
- Editors’ decisions shall be final and binding. They reserve the sole rights to the publication of the selected articles in addition to, inter alia, any edits/amends/reproduction.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the School of Law, IMS Unison University.
How to Submit?
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent to [email protected] in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. The attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the name(s) of the author(s).
The subject title for the mail must be ‘Article/Essay/Case Comment’ for IMS Law Review. Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
Submission Deadline and Review
The deadline for submission of the manuscript is 30th March 2021, before 11:59 pm.
There shall be a rigorous review process and the authors shall be intimated about the status of their manuscript at every stage.
E-mail ID: [email protected]
The article was published on Oct 1.