About the HPNLU Shimla
Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla is a public law school and a National Law University located at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is the 20th National Law University established in India. NLU Shimla is governed by High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
About the HPNLU Shimla Annual publication
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is launching Fourth Volume of its annual publication, Shimla Law Review (SLR) (ISSN: 2582-1903). The volume is scheduled to be out in the first quarter of 2022. In this connection, submissions, under different categories, are invited form interested faculty members, research scholars, judges, and professionals. The volume is not restricted to any particular theme and manuscripts with an inter-disciplinary perspective on contemporary socio-legal issues, theories, and developments awaiting scholarly treatment are encouraged. The last date for submission of contributions is September 15, 2021. Selection of entries are based on double-blind peer review.
About the Law Review
The Shimla Law Review is envisioned to be an annual publication, owned and published by the HPNLU, Shimla. The Periodical is intended to provide a forum for faculty members, research scholars, judges, and students. It is not confined to the discipline of law but allows the contributors to take a call on the age-old tradition of legal scholarship. It is open to tread beyond the established modes of reflection or exposition on select central ideas, concepts, tools, and techniques that are evidently integral to or associated the legal academic discourse. SLR believes that the task of legal education institutions is not limited to devising some expedient ideational mechanism to deal with diverse legal issues. It goes beyond and includes deliberations that can affect the society in multifarious ways and support the progressive values that are imbibed in the Constitution. In essence the work of scholarship involves criticising, revising the existing quantum of information and creating new knowledge. The topography, where the University is located, resembles the terrains of the law and provides the most conducive opportunity for a publication such as the SLR that dwells deeper into the realms and nuances of these terrains of the law and legal system.
Categories of Submissions
|Lead or Special Articles||15000-20000 words|
|Case Comments||6000-8000 words|
|Book Reviews||2000-3000 words|
- Theme: There is no specific or particular theme(s) or topic(s) for the Volume. All submissions, relating to law, directly or otherwise, are
- All submission in Electronic form: All contributions have to be submitted in electronic The manuscript should be typed in MS Office double spaced, with a left margin of one and half inches, and send to: [email protected].
- Abstract: Abstract of the paper in 250-300 words should be sent along with the electronic submissions.
- Covering Letter: Author(s) must send a covering letter mentioning the title of the paper, name, designation and details of the author(s) and institutional affiliation. The author(s) are compulsorily required to make a solemn declaration about the originality of the manuscript and that the same has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Communication of Acceptance: The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be that of the Editorial Board, which shall be The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor in eight weeks of receiving of the submission.
- Last Date of Submission: The last date for submission for the Second volume of SLR is Extended till September 15,
- Citation: For citation and references, The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly (Author(s) may visit freely accessible website of Cornell University Law School: http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/.
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraphed footnotes are The citations must mention the page(s) of the source and in cases where Court Judgments are referred to, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative websites may be References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
Terms and Conditions
The authors must comply with following terms and conditions:
- The manuscripts should be well researched/ documented following uniform citation method for footnotes given
- The manuscripts should be the original work of the contributor and not a compilation of pre-existing works on the subject. It should not amount to the violation of others’ copyright. The contributor has to give a declaration as to originality of the
- The copyright in all articles, published in the Volume, shall vest in the owner of the Law Review e. HPNLU, Shimla.
- The views adopted from other sources and others’ work must be quoted and sufficiently acknowledged.
- Paraphrasing another author’s work shall not be considered as original work. The source has to be
- The Contributor has to cover the risk of being sued for copyright, defamation or contempt and shall be liable to suffer the losses if caused by violating
Queries about submission of papers and related matters may be directed to: [email protected]