About the ICFAI Law School
The ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad is a promising destination for the students desirous of making law as their Dream “Career”. The ICFAI Law School (ILS) is a significant segment of the IFHE and is recognized by the Bar Council of India. The ILS Hyderabad offers B.B.A LL.B (Hons) and B.A LL.B (Hons) integrated five-year courses, 1-Year LLM in Corporate and Commercial Laws and Tax Laws, PhD full-time and part-time programs, PG Diplomas in IPR, Cyber Laws and Tax Laws and Eight Certificate Courses in Cyber Law, Infrastructure Laws, Law of Financial Services, Immigration Laws, Solid Waste Management and Law, Goods and Services Tax Laws, International Trade Law and Forensic Science and Law.
The law school envisions to develop a new cadre of professionals who will not only command a high level of domain proficiency but also have the ability to integrate activities for developing scientific and technological solutions and work standards.
About the National Forensic Sciences University
The National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU) with the status of an Institution of National Importance under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India is the World’s First and Only University dedicated to forensic and investigative sciences. It was established by the Government of India through Act, 2020 (32 of 2020) with the objective of fulfilling the acute shortage against the increasing demand for forensic experts in the country and around the world. National Forensic Sciences University erstwhile, known as ‘Gujarat Forensic Science University is the brainchild of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modiji, then Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2009 established in the state of Gujarat to facilitate and promote studies and research and to achieve excellence in the field of forensic science in conjunction with applied behavioural science studies, law, criminology and other allied areas and technology and other related fields.
About the event
The Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law proposes to organise an international conference on “Nuances of Criminal Investigation and Dynamics of Forensic Evidence”. The entire foundation of justice delivery in criminal cases depends in most jurisdictions on the evidence available to the court. From mere witness examination to high-level forensic investigation, evidence has travelled multidimensionally in the past few decades. Forensic evidence enters the criminal justice system through a crime scene and continues to remain even past a judgment of acquittal or conviction. The interaction of the criminal justice processes with forensic evidence is nuanced and its intricacies are difficult to decipher sometimes. Beginning with maintaining a chain of custody to the appreciation of the forensic expert’s testimony by the judge, the evidence itself travels through many stakeholders and the decision based on it ultimately impacts the perpetrator and the victims. This conference is an attempt to provide a platform for discussion of the current issues involving forensic evidence and criminal investigation.
They aspire to make it a holistic event by bringing in interaction in various aspects of the subject. The conference aims to amalgamate theory and practice in the field by gathering stakeholders including forensic experts, police personnel, academicians and criminal justice professionals. The conference is hosted by ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad in collaboration with the National Forensic Science University, Gujarat. The said international conference will be hosted on a virtual platform.
- Exploration of Forensics in the Criminal Justice System
- Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Evidences
- Admissibility of Forensics and Digital Evidence in Criminal Courts
- Cyber Security Forensics / Relevancy of Forensics in Cyber Security
- Innovations and Challenges in Forensic Investigation
- Forensic Epistemology
- Crime scene process, management and construction
- Forensic analysis and tools
- Crime scene Investigators and Technicians
- Evidentiary value of Forensics and legal implications
- Forensic encryption
- Digital Forensics Techniques and Tools
- Transforming Forensics
- Investigation in cybercrime and transnational cyber crime
- Forensics Litigation and Preventive Forensics
- Digital Forensics and Network Vulnerabilities
- Forensic Reporting
- Multimedia Forensics
- Questionable Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence and Forensics
Academicians, professionals, students, research scholars.
The event will be hosted on a virtual platform
The conference invites original research articles on various areas of Forensic Science and allied legal issues, with a specific focus on a criminal investigation in the form of full-length scholarly papers documenting substantial research work. Contributions are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars, and students focusing on the emerging areas of the subject. Research Articles may be submitted from any of the substantive areas of Forensics and Criminal Investigation including but not limited to the above themes of the Conference.
- Submissions for presentation at the conference are to be mailed in the form of an abstract of 300 words and full research papers (Not less than 8000 words) with footnotes in bluebook 20th edition format.
- The research paper is to be typed in font Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5, headings to be typed in font size 14 Bold, and footnotes in font size 10.
- The abstract should be 300 words with a minimum of five (5) keywords and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s/co-authors’ details.
- All the submissions are to be sent to email ID: [email protected]
- All the accepted full research papers submitted before the deadline will be published in a book form with an ISBN number. The presentation of an accepted research paper is mandatory for the purpose of publication.
- Academicians/Professionals: Rs.1000/-
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs.750/-
Registration fee should be paid through RTGS/NEFT to the account mentioned below. For registration, proof of payment (screenshot etc. clearly indicating the transaction reference number) along with the full name, affiliation and email id may be sent by August 5th, 2021 to the coordinators by email. Authors desirous of submitting their papers for presentation at the conference should submit the proof of payment along with the final paper.
- Account No: 020201007037
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Account: IFHE – Seminars & Workshops A/c
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Address: Nerella House, No.4, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC Code: ICIC0000202
- Branch Code: 202
- Best paper: Rs. 3000
- Second Best Paper: Rs. 2000
- Third Best Paper: Rs. 1000
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: July 31st, 2021
- Intimation of Abstract acceptance: August 5th, 2021
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission: August 14th, 2021
In case of any query, please write to us at [email protected] You may also contact the following:
Dr. KS Rekh Raj Jain, Coordinator, Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
e-Mail: [email protected], Phone no: +919704093588
Dr. Sumanta Meher, Co-coordinator, Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
e-Mail: [email protected], Phone no: 9563665770
Ms. Anwesha Panigrahi, Co-coordinator, Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
e-Mail: [email protected], Phone no: 8763709315
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open! [70% off on Online Courses]
- Free Debate Competition by UP Judicial Reforms Council, WICCI: Register by Oct 25
- Paid Internship Opportunities at Ministry of Women and Child Development [Stipend Rs. 10K]: Apply Now!
- National Conference on Tribal Transition in India by HNLU: Submit Abstract by Oct 30
- Paid Internship Opportunity at Emjoy: Apply now!