About MNLU, Aurangabad
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU Aurangabad, MNLUA) is a National Law University in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India. It was established in 2017 by the Government of Maharashtra, the third and final university to be installed through the Maharashtra National Law University Act, 2014 following Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai and Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur, the 21st National Law University in India. The Chancellor of the university is Chief Justice of India, Supreme Court of India
About the Book
The subject of Private International law varies from one domestic jurisdiction to another as both legal systems may differ. There can be no private international law which can claim uniform universal recognition. Indian courts facing disputes having foreign element need to the refer the Indian Private International law which is scattered in various statutes and laws. In the development of digital innovation, it has become common that municipal courts are bound to deal with foreign law in domestic jurisdictions in connection with the determination of private rights of
persons both natural and legal. Keeping in mind, the needs of society, judiciary, legal academia, the author aims to bring out an edited volume to serve the needs of all stakeholders of legal academia and citizens of India.
Prof. Dr. Kondaiah Jonnalagadda has more than Twenty years of teaching and research experience in the field of Law. He joined as Professor of Law at MNLU- A (From July, 2018). Prior to this, he worked as Associate Professor of Law at National
Law University, Odisha. He was also Director, Distance Education, NLUO, Swayam Coordinator. He was also associated with National Law Institute University, Bhopal (M.P.) as Assistant Professor of Law (September 2006-April, 2016). He also has association with the Dept. of Legal Studies, University of Madras as Student, University Research Fellow (2002-05), and Project Assistant in Chair in IPR, MHRD, GOI (2005-06,) and has also been Resource Person to the Institute of Distance Education, Madras University (2002-06). He has been the Visiting Faculty to Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (2009), RMNLU, Lucknow(2009), KIIT, Odisha (2014), and the Institute of Company Secretaries Institute, Chennai (2005-06).
Authors are invited to contribute chapters in the following areas focusing on different aspects of the relevant subject:
- Scope and Development of Indian Private International Law
- Concepts, rules, and principles of conflict of laws
- Domicile and Residence
- Capacity and Validity of Marriages
- Divorce and Matrimonial clauses
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments
- Legitimation of children
- Succession and immovable property
- Charges on immovable property
- Challenges on Surrogacy
- Civil and Commercial Contracts
- International Civil and Commercial Arbitration
- Cross border tortious liability
- Transnational insolvency
- Liability of Multinational Enterprises
- International rules on PIL
- Digital assets and conflict of law
- Anti-trust issues in Private International Law
- Cyber law and Conflict of Laws
Any other topic related to main theme of the book.
- Abstract Submission: 30th October 2022
- Acceptance of Abstracts: 30th November 2022
- Submission of chapter/article: 26 January 2023
- Peer Review Process and Intimation: February 2023-April 2023
- Publication process: May 2023
Contribution of research articles/chapters are invited from the Academicians, research scholars, practitioners, judges, and members of the legal academia. The authors are required to submit abstract of 500 words on or before 30th October 2022 to: [email protected] . The shortlisted authors will be intimated via e-mail latest by November 30th 2022.
The selected research articles will be published by an international reputed publisher.