The Society for International Trade and Competition Law (SITC) is an academic society of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata. The dynamic changes in global economic conditions raise new questions and problems in the fields of Trade and Competition Law, which are a cause of concern for almost every country. SITC seeks to provide a platform for discussion and deliberation on these issues in order to analyze its various facets and derive legal solutions to contemporary issues in these areas.
About the Blog
The SITC runs a blog which contains notes, articles, news updates and case briefs on contemporary issues in the fields of Trade and Competition law. The blog is comprehensive and is updated regularly. The blog can be accessed here.
How to Submit?
In order to facilitate independent, innovative dialogue on international trade and competition law, submissions from the students, academics, professionals, and practitioners are invited. Authors are requested to send in their submissions to [email protected]
The submission must deal with issues regarding international trade law or competition law and must provide the author’s novel take on the issue. Submissions must deal with recent issues and either explain normative trends or propose unique solutions to current problems are preferred.
Regardless of the nature of analysis adopted (critical/jurisprudential/theoretical, etc.,) the submission must involve clear identification of issues and must attempt to critique or resolve them in a logical manner.
- Submission must be original and unpublished.
- Submission must be within 1500-2000 words.
- Submission must be in the form of a word document. The name of the document must include the title of the submission.
- References must be in the form of footnotes only. Use of hyperlinks and endnotes is not allowed. Footnotes must be formatted in accordance with the NUJS Law Review Standard (available here) uniformly across the document.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is allowed.
- The submission shall revolve around the theme of International Trade and Commerce or Competition Law. Interdisciplinary articles are allowed as long as they are substantially linked to International Trade and Commerce, or Competition Law.
- The Submission must contain some novel analysis, and not merely be a depiction of existing literature or assimilation of various online sources amounting to an informative piece.
- Submissions must have a brief introductory paragraph summarizing the key aspects and objectives of the article.
- Submissions must be sent to [email protected] in the form of a mail with the subject “Blog Submission”.
- The mail sending the submission must contain a covering letter containing the name of the authors, their institutional affiliation and year of study. The submission must not contain anything to indicate the identity of the authors.
- In case the author is making submissions to simultaneous forums apart from SITC Blog, the same should be clearly mentioned in the body of the Email.
- The text of the Submission shall be in Times New Roman, size 12, Justified. The footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, Justified.
- The submission will be promptly acknowledged by the Blog team. It shall take up 8-12 days to revert back on the review of a piece. The Editorial Board reserves full discretion to accept or reject a submission. Requests for expedited reviews shall be taken into consideration. In such a case, the author(s) must specifically mention in the body of the mail the request for an expedited review and the date by which they would want a reply.
- All submissions approved in the review process shall be sent for plagiarism check, confirming to which only shall they be finally be published on the Blog.
The author may republish or cross-post any submission published on the SITC Blog. However, such re-publication or cross-posting must give due reference to SITC Blog as the original forum of publication in the beginning itself.
You might be also interested at:
- Essay Writing Competition | Amity Law School, Noida- Register by Sept 10
- Webinar Series | On The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 Rules and Regulations by NLS [Aug 21-26]
- Drafting Workshop-cum-Competition | by Asian Law College: Register by: Aug 16 (Prizes worth 2.2K+)
- Essay Writing Competition | By GNLU MUN: Register by Aug 20 (Prizes Worth 10K)
- NLIU’s International Law School Negotiation Tournament (Prizes Worth Rs 1 Lakh):Register by Sept 17
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Call for Papers for Juscholars Journal (Volume 1, Issue 7): Submit by Aug 18