About the Centre
The Centre for Environmental Legal Studies (CELS) was established by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in 2016 as a research centre tasked with the responsibility of undertaking and encouraging discourse on the wide array of enviro-legal issues faced by humanity, at a domestic, regional and international level.
CELS seeks to collaborate with various experts, leading academicians, legislators, and government authorities to raise awareness of environmental concerns and advance legal remedies for the same, while also endeavouring to contribute to the complex and multi-dimensional issues of enviro-legal policy in India.
About the Blog
The CELS Enviro-Legal Blog is an egalitarian space that aims to foster critical interdisciplinary research on environmental developments across the world via inviting original contributions by the legal fraternity. The objective is to stir and promote discussion and discourse between various stakeholders in the field of environmental jurisprudence. It intends to provide an accessible forum for relevant, well-researched, and edited scholarly articles.
The blog will be stationed on contribution-basis where the cognitive analysis of the contributors will be published for public discussion.
Call for Articles
The CELS Enviro-Legal Blog invites articles on a rolling basis on contemporary environmental issues. Under exceptional circumstances, the editorial board may accept write-ups that revisit significant yet dormant issues, if they provide a unique and novel perspective or have paradigm scope for discussion.
The contributions must include high- quality interdisciplinary and legal analysis of environmental issues, case laws, legislation and policy-making, and activism. Quality of research and adherence to the submission guidelines are quintessential requirements for acceptance.
The CELS Enviro-Legal Blog invites articles from students, environment law researchers, academicians, practitioners, members of civil society organizations and policymakers.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- The title of the manuscript should indicate the sub-theme that has been chosen by the author(s).
- The word limit for the submission shall be 800-1200words, accompanied by an abstract of not more than 150 words. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes and abstract.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors, of the same or different institutions, is permissible.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The endnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing. The text alignment should be justified.
- Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post [without any personal detail of the author(s)].
- Referencing and citations must be put up in the form of in text hyperlinks for internet sources.
- Endnotes for offline sources shall adhere to Bluebook (20th Edition) citation format.
- Submissions should include the manuscript in .doc or .docx format. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author or his/ her institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
- Along with the manuscript, a separate cover letter in .doc or .docx format has to be attached. The Cover letter should contain the name of the author, professional information, the title of the manuscript, contact information, a short bio about the author(s).
- Authors must also indicate their academic qualifications including their year of study or degree(s) completed and the name of the university/ institution to which they are affiliated.
- Manuscript shall be sent along with the Declaration form(provided below) stating that the manuscript is an original and a bona fide work of the author(s) and they undertake to divest the copyright of the work to The CELS Enviro-Legal Blog, if accepted for publication.The Declaration form is available here as declaration form.
- Submissions shall be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading “Submission for CELS Blog”.
Authors are requested to visit the CELS Enviro-Legal Blog at https://celsrgnul.wordpress.com/ for additional details on submission guidelines. For any queries, please contact the Editorial Board at [email protected]
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
Click Here, to join a whatsapp group of your choice.
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.