About the CASIHR
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (‘CASIHR’) is a research centre under the aegis of the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (‘RGNUL’) with a primary objective is to undertake, support and promote advanced study and interdisciplinary research on the emerging trends in human rights and its allied fields.
About the Human Rights Blog
The Human Rights Blog is an egalitarian space welcoming original contributions involving critical interdisciplinary research on human rights developments across the world. It aims to initiate and promote dialogue, discussion and discourse between various actors and stakeholders in the field of human rights. It intends to provide an accessible forum for timely, relevant, well-researched, and edited scholarly articles. It is based on a contributor-based model.
About Call for Articles
The Human Rights Blog invites articles on a rolling basis on contemporary human rights issues. Under exceptional circumstances, the editorial board may accept pieces that revisit important issues that may have gone dormant, if they provide a unique and novel perspective or have renewed scope for discussion. The contributions must include niche, high- quality interdisciplinary and legal analysis of human rights issues, case laws, legislation and policy-making, and activism. High quality and adherence to guidelines are necessary requirements for acceptance.
The Human Rights Blog invites articles from students, human rights researchers, academicians, practitioners, members of civil society organizations and policymakers.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- The title of the manuscript should indicate the sub-theme that has been chosen by the author(s).
- The word limit for the submission shall be 800-1200 words, accompanied by an abstract of not more than 150 words. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes and abstract.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors, of the same or different institutions, is permissible.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing. The endnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing. The text alignment should be justified.
- Referencing and citations must be put up in the form of in text hyperlinks for internet sources.
- Endnotes for offline sources shall adhere to any uniform citation format.
- Submissions should include the manuscript in .doc or .docx format. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author or his/ her institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
- Along with the manuscript, a separate cover letter in .doc or .docx format has to be attached. The cover letter should contain the name of the author, professional information, the title of the manuscript, contact information.
- Authors must also indicate their academic qualifications including their year of study or degree(s) completed and the name of the university/ institution to which they are affiliated.
- The manuscript shall be sent along with the declaration form stating that the manuscript is an original and a bona fide work of the author(s) and they undertake to divest the copyright of the work to The Human Rights Blog if accepted for publication. The Declaration form is available here.
- Submissions shall be emailed to [email protected] under the subject heading “Blog– Submission”.
For any queries, please contact the Editorial Board at [email protected].
For more details: https://casihrrgnul.wordpress.com/guidelines-for-authors/
You might be also interested at:
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Join Lawnomy | Intern, Student Managers or Campus Managers: Apply by Aug 20
- Call for Papers for Juscholars Journal (Volume 1, Issue 7): Submit by Aug 18
- Call for Paper | Journal of Transnational Commercial Law by MNLU , Aurangabad: Submit by August 20
- Movie Making Contest | by UPES, Dehradun: Submit by Aug 25
- Virtual Moot Court Competition | by NEF Law College: Register by Aug 14 ( Prizes Worth 80K)
- Essay Writing Competition | Faculty of Law Aligarh Muslim University: Register by Aug 15
- Book Review Writing Competition | by NLU, Odisha: Register by Aug 20
- Quiz Competition | by Faculty of Law Aligarh Muslim University: Register by Aug 13 (Prizes Worth 2K)