About the Blog:
Cell for Studies in Intellectual Property Rights is a cell constituted in the National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) that aims at promotion and development of knowledge in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). It introduces students to myriad aspects of IPR by organising academic endeavours which include conferences and also publishes the annual flagship NLIU IPR Law Journal.
The Blog on Technology and Intellectual Property Law aims to serve as a forum for the expression of the authors’ views on various topics of IP law and technology.
- A post shall be accepted for publication if it falls within the scope of the blog, i.e. intellectual property law and/or technology law. It is essential that a post be contemporary to the current debates in IP or technology law and/or have an angle which deals with such debates. Authors are encouraged to contribute to pre-existing literature by providing novel perspectives/ ideas/ opinions through their post. The author/s may write to [email protected] in case of any concerns over the selection of a topic to write on.
- A submission shall have at least 800 words and shall not exceed 1500 words. CSIPR reserves the right to amend this range on a case-to-case basis if it feels the need to do so. It is recommended that the body of the post includes sub-headings to make it easy to follow.
- Considering the semi-formal nature of the blog, it shall be appreciated that referencing be done only through hyperlinks, wherever necessary. Authors are particularly encouraged to reference recent amendments and obscure laws. The authors may, however, choose to cite authorities (if and when it is absolutely necessary) using endnotes. In doing so, authors must follow the guidelines given in the Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities.
- Each post shall undergo a two-stage internal review process. Our editors reserve the absolute discretion to approve or reject a post for publication. For a post to be successfully published on the blog, the author/s may be required to alter the language/grammar, justify her/his structure/position on the law and reply to the comments of the reviewers.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- Submissions must be made in MS Word format only. There must be no hint, whatsoever, of the authors’ identity in the word document submitted.
- It is recommended that the title for each post must not exceed 20 words. Moreover, authors are requested to provide 5 keywords encapsulating the essence of the post.
- Authors are required to make their submissions only using our submission form. All required fields must be filled out correctly and to the best of the authors’ knowledge.
- By way of their submission to the aforementioned ID, the authors confirm that the submission represents their original work and that it has not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works.
- Submissions to the Blog shall be accepted on a rolling-basis and shall be open to students, academicians and professionals.
- Posts which first appear on the Blog may be republished and/or cross-posted without prior permission. However, this is subject to the subsequent publications mentioning “this post was first published on the Blog for IP and Technology Law (www.csipr.nliu.ac.in)” and informing us of such subsequent publication via email ([email protected]). Further, posts which first appear on the Blog may also be cited and/or referenced in other works only if due credit is given to the author and to the Blog.
Email: [email protected].
You might be also interested at:
- Free Quizzing at Lawnomy | Register by Aug 18 | Prizes Worth Rs 6100
- Join Lawnomy | Intern, Student Managers or Campus Managers: Apply by Aug 20
- Call for Papers for Juscholars Journal (Volume 1, Issue 7): Submit by Aug 18
- Call for Blogs| RGNUL’s CASIHR The Human Rights Blog: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Paper | Journal of Transnational Commercial Law by MNLU , Aurangabad: Submit by August 20
- Movie Making Contest | by UPES, Dehradun: Submit by Aug 25
- Virtual Moot Court Competition | by NEF Law College: Register by Aug 14 ( Prizes Worth 80K)
- Essay Writing Competition | Faculty of Law Aligarh Muslim University: Register by Aug 15
- Book Review Writing Competition | by NLU, Odisha: Register by Aug 20