About The National Law University Odisha (NLUO)
The National Law University Odisha (NLUO) is a vibrant addition to India’s national law universities. Within the short span, NLUO has made its mark as a university engaged in teaching and research in law.The University has received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 12(b) of the UGC Act 1956, and has been receiving grants under the XIIth Plan. Its degrees offered are recognised by the Bar Council of India. It is also an associate member of the UGC-INFLIBNET, and a participant in the National Knowledge Network under the Ministry of Information Technology and Communication, Government of India.
About the Society of Law and Literature
The Society of Law and Literature, as the name implies, focuses not only on legal and literary writings but also encompasses extracurricular activities such as street play, theatre, film review and so on. It is well known that when deciding individual cases, judges prefer to engage in semantic jugglery to relate better to the various facets of a social structure that gets reflected in a judgement.
About the opportunity
The Society of Law and Literature at NLU Odisha is seeking articles for publication on their website. The articles will be going through a double blind peer review process and the selected ones will be published in our official website.
- Because of the inter-disciplinary nature of the blog, it will not accept submissions that are purely legal or literary assessments.
- The entries must exhibit a clear connection between law and literature. All authors are requested to submit only original content.
- Entries that are not interdisciplinary will be dismissed without a thorough review of the article.
- Furthermore, all submissions must include some novel analysis of the author(s) ‘perspectives that adds to the existing literature on the subject, rather than being a simple descriptive/informative piece or a collation of information from multiple sources.
- Submissions shall go through a mandatory Plagiarism Check before being shortlisted for further review.
- Submissions should be sent as a MS Word (.doc) attachment with the title of the article as the file name.
Letter of Interest
- Submissions should be emailed to .
- All submissions must be supplemented by a cover letter that includes the name of the author/s, organisational affiliation, headline and category of the submission.
- The author’s contact information, including e-mail and phone number, should also be included in the cover letter.
Specifics of Identification
- The body of the submission must not display any kind of identifier, such as the author’s name and institutional affiliation, which must be included in the cover letter.
- That being said, if the author wishes to send a picture representing the submission’s topic or area, they may do so with a 1:1 aspect ratio.
Policy on Rolling Submissions
The society is following a rolling submission policy till 31st July 2021.
We are also not charging any fee.