The JFIEL platform seeks to promote and sustain a discourse between researchers in the field of international law and the international economic arena. We further welcome contributions in the field of international human rights law, international humanitarian law, and international investment law. You will an indicative list of themes below, which showcase some fields that JFIEL seeks to engage with.
We welcome original and previously unpublished contributions that provide a cogent legal analysis of recent issues in the aforementioned fields, from across the globe. We welcome submissions from students, scholars, early career researchers, policy-makers, professionals and lawyers.
Themes for Contributions
Kindly note that this is merely an indicative list of themes that the JFIEL seeks to engage with, in terms of generating a wider discourse. It is by no means exhaustive!
- WTO Law and Policy
- International Investments Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
Guidelines for Submission
- Contributions must be between 1000-1200 words in length. Longer or shorter articles may be submitted and the limit is subject to flexibility based editorial discretion (on a case-to-case basis).
- We request all contributors to send a short biography in the email containing the submission.
- All contributions must be submitted along with four to five relevant keywords.
- All contributions must contain relevant hyperlinks within the document, citing appropriate sources. This includes all cases, articles, international instruments, and/or other sources. Kindly use footnotes sparingly, and only in the case of offline (or otherwise inaccessible) sources.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two people, the details of which must be shared with the editors.
- Contributions submitted must be cogent and concise. There is a preference for pieces that analyse contemporary legal developments.
- At present, we accept contributions only in English.
- All contributions must be previously unpublished.
- In case authors seeks to cross-post their piece published on the JFIEL platform, the cross-post must indicate that the article was first published on JFIEL along with the relevant link to the piece.
How to Contribute
If you are interested in contributing to the Jindal Forum for International and Economic Laws, we would be glad to review your submission! Please email at: [email protected]
Do note there may be circumstances where a contribution is accepted, however the editors may write back to you with certain suggestions, modifications, or alterations. In such cases, the contributor is requested to take note of the following:
- In case of minor revisions: the edits are required to be made by the contributor within a time frame specified in the email.
- In case of major revisions:
- These edits entitle the contributor to review them within a limited time frame specified in the email.
- In the event the contributor is dissatisfied with the changes/amendments made, they can write to the editors within the stipulated 24 hours, expressing concern.
- The Editorial Board would take another 24 hours to review the concern. After which, a final decision will be communicated to the contributor. [A total of 48 hours after the first email is sent from the editors, indicating such ‘major revisions’].
- In the event the contributor is dissatisfied with the final decision, they may consequently choose to withdraw the publication after intimating the editors.
You might be also interested at:
- Call For Papers| NLIU Journal For Labour and Employment Law: Rolling Submissions!
- Call for Papers| NLIU’s Literary E-Magazine Aawaaz: Submit by Sept 5
- Legislation Drafting| MMM Shankarrao Law College| (Free Entry,Prizes Worth Rs 15k)-Submit by Sept 12
- Essay Writing Competition| by G.H. Raisoni Law College: Register by: Aug 28
- Call For Papers| Indian Journal of Law And Technology- Submit by Oct 31
- NLIU’s International Law School Negotiation Tournament (Prizes Worth Rs 1 Lakh):Register by Sept 17