The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity for working professionals from diverse fields, who are looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change.
The Fellowship journey, as experienced by many, is a rich amalgamation of learning about the public education system in our country, contributing on the ground as well as building a career in the social sector.
During the programme, Fellows will get an immersive experience of real India, with in-depth learning about education, and an opportunity to contribute to a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society.
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about contributing to public education?
Applications are now open for the prestigious Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2022.
About the fellowship
- Fellows work at some of the most remote locations in India, exploring the nuances of public education in close association with government schools in rural India.
- They spend a minimum of 120 days in the programme in a government school classroom.
- Fellows are placed in a school in one of our locations, where, apart from teaching they also engage with teachers, community and education functionaries.
- Opportunity for the Fellows to “learn by doing” what education really means.
- Fellows spend their time reading and understanding ideas related to education.
- They discuss opinions with their peers within the Foundation, take these ideas to the ground, re-examine them during actual experiences, defend them and many a time reject long-held opinions.
- They experience teaching in classrooms and interacting with children, teachers and the community.
- They also get to observe Teacher engagement forums at the Block level through participation in different kinds of workshops.
- All of this helps them build their understanding of not only schools and teachers but also of the society they are in.
- Post the fellowship, fellows can continue to work with us in a variety of roles at the grass-root level.
- The Fellowship can culminate into a long-term career possibility with the Foundation.
- The Foundation needs passionate and committed individuals to work with us towards our vision of a just and
Duration and Commencement of the Fellowship
- Duration: 1 Year
- Commencement: The Fellowship will commence from March’ 2022.
If you are doing exceptional work in your current field and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, Azim Premji Fellowship is for you.
- 4 to 10 years of work experience
- A degree in any discipline
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada)
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age
- Willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts the Foundation works in
Compensation and Benefits
- Fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs. 37,000. Taxes and statutory deductions will apply.
- Besides salary, Fellows are also covered under various insurances like Health, Life and Accident Insurance.
- Apart from this, Fellows are also eligible to allowances such as Relocation and Housing Deposit Assistance (as per organizational policy).
- Complete the online Application Form and upload your CV along with it. Only online applications will be accepted. No other documents are required at the time of application.
- On successful submission of the online application form, you will receive an email with Login credentials and a website link to a ‘Candidate Portal’. You can view the current application status in that candidate portal. A system generated mail will also be sent to your registered email id for any action that is happening on your profile.
- To application, Click here
Stage I: Online Application
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
Stage II: Screening
- After the detailed application form is received, your application will be evaluated.
- If your application is shortlisted post this evaluation, you will be invited for the written test.
- In case your application is not shortlisted at this stage, you will receive an email intimation.
Stage III: Written Test
- Post evaluation, if shortlisted, you receive an admit card (online) to appear for the written test.
- You will be scheduled for a digital test on the first or second week of November’21.
- If you are shortlisted from the digital test you will be asked to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP). An email asking for a SOP with a deadline will be sent to you.
- On receiving your SoP, we will schedule the first round of interview with you.
Stage IV: Presentation and Interviews
- Personal Interviews: 2nd/3rd week of December 2021.
- 1st Round of Interview: 10-15 minute presentation to the interview panel on any social issue that concerns you the most. You can use Chart Paper/PPT or any other medium that you are most comfortable with to make the presentation. Your field observation experiences will also be discussed.
- Candidates who clear the first round of interview will go to the final round of interview.
Stage V: Announcing of Final shortlists and Offer
- Communication of final shortlist of Fellows (Through email): Within 15 days after completion of the interview process.
- Offer process: 2 weeks post announcement of the shortlist
- On successful completion of the process, you will receive an offer letter through email and the hardcopy at the time of joining.
- Candidates selected for the Fellowship will have to revert with offer acceptance within one week of receiving the offer through return mail. They have to notify their existing employer about their Fellowship acceptance decision.
- The date of joining will be third week of March 2022.
At the block level of a district in one of the five states
- Madhya Pradesh
You will be staying at your respective block. Your block location will be communicated to you before your joining.
- Free Debate Competition by UP Judicial Reforms Council, WICCI: Register by Oct 25
- Online Negotiation Competition by UILS, Panjab University, Cash Prizes upto Rs 1 Lac: Register by Oct 25
- Sharda University’s 2nd Anand Swaroop Gupta Memorial Virtual National Moot Court Competition: Prize Worth Rs. 1L, Register by Nov 10
- N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Online Moot Court Competition by MNLU: No Fees, Register by Oct 15
- Online Quiz Competition on Labour Law by MyGov [Prizes worth Rs. 60K + Rs 15K per state]: Apply by Oct 15