About Reliance Industries Limited
Reliance Industries Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai. Its businesses include energy, petrochemicals, natural gas, retail, telecommunications, mass media, and textiles.
About the Job
Hiring Associate Legal E&P
- 5-year law graduate from one of the premier law colleges in India
- Understanding of court processes and arbitrations
- PQE of 1-3 years
- Achiever, motivated, positive outlook, enthusiastic and performance-driven
- Desire and ability to work effectively within a team and be a positive contributor to the team
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with an in-house legal team of a reputed organization or with a law firm
- Good understanding of oil & gas laws and dispute resolution processes (courts/arbitration)
- Understanding of the legal framework of governing Production Sharing Contracts
- Comprehensive analytical skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with objective outlook.
- Strong team player & co-ordination skills – focused, goal-driven and result-oriented
- Candidate should have completed graduation with a degree in law or law graduate who has passed 5 years of integrated law courses from a recognized university
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and drafting in English.
- Provide high-quality legal inputs after carrying out extensive legal research (both Indian and foreign laws) and finding relevant legal provisions and case laws;
- Interpreting and summarising various Indian and foreign case laws and legal provisions;
- Preparing legal notes and briefs while applying the legal provisions/position to facts at hand
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Carrying out legal due diligence
- Supporting senior team members
- Support in the preparation of contractual notices and claim documentation and in the management of disputes
- Providing general corporate advice to the business
- Preparation of Legal MIS
- Preparation of legal risk registers
- Provide general legal advice to the Procurement, Finance, and Business Team (covering tendering, project execution, disputes, and general corporate).
- Provide assistance in drafting, reviewing and negotiating high value national and international commercial contracts.
- Review Request for Qualification documents for the upstream business; highlighting key issues and suggesting mitigation measures on the same to the management.
- Review the Exceptions/Deviations submitted by the Bidders and negotiating the same with the Bidders.
- Support various stake holders in the preparation of contractual notices, replies, claim documentation/ letters etc.
- Brief international law firms on various contract related issues and hold discussions with them in conjunction with various stake holders.
- Prepare memoranda of advice and case for opinions for general counsel and Senior Legal Counsels on various legal issues pertaining to petroleum operations and procurement contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of pleadings in various arbitration and civil matters.
- Brief senior legal counsels on various complex commercial arbitrations and litigation involving Company and attending hearings in various High Courts and in the Supreme Court of India.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.