As the leading independent provider of risk and financial advisory solutions, Kroll leverages our unique insights, data and technology to help clients stay ahead of complex demands. Kroll’s team of more than 6,500 professionals worldwide continues the firm’s nearly 100-year history of trusted expertise spanning risk, governance, transactions and valuation.
About the Job
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and external counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal, regulatory and other inquiries.
Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability.
Kroll’s investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption
Eligibility and Experience
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Commercial experience preferably 1-3 years’ experience gained from a research-related field
- Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities
As an Associate within the Investigations & Disputes practice, you are required to support case managers to conduct in-depth investigative & intelligence due diligence research. Manage cases from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research (‘Desktop Research’) into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals.
Our Associates’ work enables our clients to make informed, strategic decisions that have a huge impact on their organizations. As a result, we place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
- Conducting extensive primary and secondary web-based research
- Identifying relevant information and developing useful insights into research subjects
- Writing and editing of research reports for client use
- Tracking progress and ensuring timely completion of cases
- Contacting the client as required by supervisor
- Confirming the accuracy, logic and overall quality of research reports
- Take ownership of project and deliverables
- Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand
- Proven ability to perform all methods of research, including desktop research and analysis from primary and secondary sources. Ability to manage research tools.
- Experience in drafting proposals for due diligence.
- Strong understanding and developed interest in Asian politics and current affairs
- Excellent reports writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
- Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
Associate, Forensic Investigations and Intelligence
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.