Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006) as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
From session of 2013 RGNUL started functioning in its permanent 50-acre (20 ha) campus which is located at scenic Sidhuwal, 12 km (7.5 mi) from Patiala. RGNUL is affiliated to UGC and approved by the Bar Council of India. It is one of the autonomous law schools in India.
The 2nd National Level Debate Competition, organized by the School of Agricultural Law & Economics (SALE), RGNUL, Punjab, will be based on the Lincoln-Douglas debate format i.e. one on one debate, in order to promote individualism amongst the participants.
Through this competition, we aim to provide the students with a platform to hone their debating skills and improve the whole debating experience by ensuring that the participants meet with challenging issues based on contemporary and developing aspects of law and society. The competition strives to provide a safe platform for students to grow and experiment with their communication skills and critical thinking abilities.
This competition is open to all bonafide undergraduate and postgraduate students from Colleges/Universities across India. There is no restriction on the number of participants from a particular college/institution.
Make in India: Prospects and Concerns in the Contemporary Regime.
Awards and Certificate
- Winner: INR. 3000/-
- Runners Up: INR. 2000/-
- The selected top performers will be awarded E-certificates of Appreciation.
- All the participants will be awarded E-certificates for participation.
Dates of the Competition: 24th and 25th of February 2023.
The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm, 22nd February 2023.
Guidelines for Competition
- A New Motion will be Provided 30 minutes before each Oral Round.
- The participants will be informed about their stand, i.e., either “For the Motion” or “Against the Motion”, 30 minutes before starting that particular round through the WhatsApp group.
- The medium of debate is strictly English.
- The participant must maintain professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. The use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
- Individual scores of each round will be released after the completion of the respective round.
- Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. If any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
The decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
The registration fee is Rs. 250 + 18% GST = INR 295 per Individual.
Step 1: Click on the link below.
Step 2: Select “2nd National Debate Competition” In the ‘applying for’ option and click to register.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
step 4: Select the preferred mode of Payment and make Payment.
Pranav Tomar: +91-7793845455 (Convenor)
Khushwant Nimbark: +91 9636988105 (Deputy Convenor and Student Coordinator)
E-mail – [email protected]
For official notification, click here.