About the Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Established in 2003, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur is one of the leading law schools in the country. In a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche in the realm of legal education across India and the legacy is soaring towards newer heights day by day. Named after the great legal luminary Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, the Unversity was established by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act (Act. No. 10 of 2003). HNLU has been ranked 5th in India Today’s 2021 rankings of the top law colleges in India and 51-100 globally in the Crisis Management category by the World’s Universities with Real Impact Rankings 2021. Hon’ble Mr Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra, Acting Chief Justice, High Court of Chhattisgarh is the Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) V.C. Vivekanandan is the Vice-Chancellor and Prof. (Dr.) Uday Shankar is the Registrar of the University.
About the conference
Hidayatullah National Law University Raipur in collaboration with Taxmann Publications is organizing a two-day National Conference on “Calibrating Corporate Governance in New Economy” on 30-31 October 2021. Corporations play a significant role in shaping and improving economic outcomes through their strategic decision-making in the global market. Such decisions impact the domestic and international business in varying degrees, hence the role of these transnational entities assume a significant role in world trade. National divergences in the context of socio-economic development and regulatory mechanisms produce different types of domestic patterns in terms of forms and functioning of business organizations. Even so, Corporate Governance standards and procedures are considered indispensable for economic growth and social development across the world. The Companies Act, 2013 and its latest amendments together with the connected regulatory reforms have broken through a new era of Corporate Governance in India. In this backdrop, the present conference is intended to provide a platform to discuss and deliberate the theme in detail during the technical sessions followed by the Round Table Discussions being chaired by Partners of reputed firms, academicians, and other key professionals.
- Bring together Academicians, Judges, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, and Students of law & allied disciplines.
- Single platform for deliberation and discussion of emerging trends in Corporate Governance.
- Explore avenues for research and analysis on the expanding domain of corporate governance and management.
- Promote sharing and dissemination of viable ideas to ensure robust and significant output.
- Publish a comprehensive literature of contemporary relevance on the topic
Papers are invited on any of the following sub-themes:
- Interface of Corporate Governance and Tax Deduction/Avoidance
- Corporate Governance, Competition Law and Theories of Corporate Governance for Contemporary
- Relevance Corporate Governance and Shareholder Activism
- Financial and non-financial reporting Framework & Rules
- Corporate Social Justice & Role of NCLT/NCLAT
- Corporate Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Board and Management’s Responsibility Framework
- Corporate Governance in Banks and Financial Institutions
- Mutual Funds and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Frauds and Investor Protection
- Re-inventing Local Self Government Institutions through Corporate Governance Standards
Papers are invited from the Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, commerce and management, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above.
The Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book by Taxmann Publications with ISBN.
One-year free Taxmann Database on Tax & Corporate Laws subscription to the First, Second and Third Best-Paper Awardees.
- Submission of Abstract: September 28, 2021
- Intimation of Abstract Acceptance: September 30, 2021
- Submission of Full Paper along with Registration fee: October 20, 2021
- Date of Conference: 30-31 October 2021
For Academicians and Professionals: INR 1200 (For Co-authors INR 2000)
For Research Scholars: INR 700 (For Co-authors INR 1000)
For Students: INR 500 (For Co-authors INR 700)
Note: Co-authorship up to two co-authors is allowed. In case co-authors are from two different heads mentioned above respective registration fee shall be paid individually. Registration Fee is payable only after the acceptance of Abstract.
For further queries and additional information, please contact:
Dr. Ankit Awasthi (Secretary)
Email id: [email protected]
Telephone No.: 7587017822 / 7355235075
- National Conference on Tribal Transition in India by HNLU: Submit Abstract by Oct 30
- Webinar on Cryptocurrency and Financial Technology Sector by SLS Hyderabad: Register by Oct 28
- Call for Papers | GIBS Law Journal: No Fees, Submit by Oct 15
- Call for Papers| MNLU’s Centre for Information, Communication and Technology Law: Submit by Oct 20
- RGNUL’s One-Day Online Lecture on How the Law and Legal System in India have Failed to Deliver Justice [Oct 25, 3 PM]: Register Now!