About the World Bank Group
The World Bank Group works in every major area of development. We provide a wide array of financial products and technical assistance, and we help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face.
About the Financial Times
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
About the Competition
The World Bank Group and the Financial Times are organizing their third joint global blog/essay writing competition. This competition builds on the World Bank Group’s recent reports Realizing the Future of Learning and Reimagining Human Connections.
They are looking for your most inventive ideas, high-quality writing, and solutions to improve education outcomes beyond the pandemic.
Submissions should include:
- A strong blog or essay: No longer than 500 words.
- Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
- Photos, videos, visualizations that help support your story, are optional.
The winning entry will be published in the Financial Times (at its sole discretion) and the World Bank Group blog.
Based on restrictions during the pandemic the World Bank Group will also find additional, virtual ways to honor the winner in April 2021.
- Entries will be judged by a high-level panel comprised of senior officials at the World Bank Group, the Financial Times, and select partners.
- Judging will take place during February 2021.
- Winners will be contacted and announced in April 2021 on the World Bank Group blog and Financial Times website, unless a winner objected to the publication of their name at the time of entry.
- Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, writing quality, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
Terms and Condition
- Entries should be original content and cannot have been previously published or lifted from other sources.
- Entries should be the work of the submitter and cannot be collaborative or written by a proxy.
- Participants must be enrolled in high school or a version of secondary education and should be between the ages of 16-19 years.
- Entries are only to be submitted in English.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
Interested participants can submit their entries through the link given below.
February 16, 2021
Email: [email protected]