The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, RGNUL (CADR-RGNUL) is pleased to announce the 3rd Edition of the RGNUL Sports and Entertainment Law National Mediation Competition, 2021. The Competition is scheduled on March 6-8, 2021 and shall be conducted virtually.
About the University
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About the Organizers
Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR-RGNUL) was established in 2018 to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution constituting dispute resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Conciliation. CADR endeavors to promote and develop ADR as a vehicle of socio-economic and political justice.
The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT) is a team of like-minded professionals who share the vision of promoting the use of consensual dispute resolution (CDR). As a collective, The PACT aims to catalyze the development of CDR in India and abroad through its innovative initiatives. Conceptualized by law and psychology graduates, The PACT grew up along the shores of Goa, is currently headquartered in New Delhi, and has begun working on projects beyond India.
CADR is proud to have renowned institutions and organizations as its sponsors for the Competition. The Competition is being co-organized by CADR and The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT). We are grateful to have Krida Legal as our Chief Advisory Organization, the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) as our Chief Knowledge Partners along with Markanda Advocates and Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University as our Knowledge Partners.
Pre-invites have already been sent to and confirmed by different law schools in India. The remaining slots are to be allotted through this open Registration Process. Teams shall be selected on the basis of:
- Exposure and Experience of the team in Mediation
- Whether the University being represented has been part of the previous editions of the Competition. To increase representation, we encourage Universities which have not participated in prior editions to apply and such Universities will be favoured in the process, keeping (1) in light.
The last date for registration is February 7, 2021 and must be done through the following Google Form here.
- Last Date for Provisional Registration via Pre-invitations: February 1, 2021
- Last Date for Provisional Registration via Open Invitation: February 7, 2021
- Release of Competition Problem: February 20, 2021
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: February 25, 2021
- Release of Clarifications: March 1, 2021
- Competition Dates: March 6-8, 2021
For more information about the Competition, please refer to the Brochure. Details of the Competition can also be found on the CADR website here.
In case of any queries, please write to us at [email protected] or contact Mohit Dang (+91-8697002497) or Aditya Mathur (+91-9654899130).
For any other query, please feel free to contact us.
Important Note: In case students have any issue/feedback for the internships and other opportunties posted on the LawBhoomi, Students can write to us by sending an email to [email protected]