About Centre for Civil Society
Centre for Civil Society is a non-profit think tank based in New Delhi. The Centre was founded in 1997 by Dr. Parth Shah, former Professor of Economics at the University of Michigan. It operates as independent research and educational organization.
About Researching Reality
Researching Reality is an annual two-month internship program (7 June to 30 July 2021) that offers intensive training in policy-relevant research to undergraduate and graduate students of various disciplines. In the course of the internship, the interns frame a research question, analyse the data collected through primary and secondary sources, and author a research paper.
While research-guides steer their projects and train them, various experts, academics and practitioners working in the field of public policy provide their knowledge and insights.
One of the country’s premier research internship programs, 2021 marks the twenty-first edition of Researching Reality Internship.
Researching Reality is a full-time two-month intensive internship
To be considered for the internship program, a candidate must satisfy one of the following;
- Current student enrolled in an undergraduate/ postgraduate course in any academic or professional discipline
- Working Professionals/ Graduates / Researchers
A candidate must demonstrate;
- Interest in the public policy domain
- Inquisitive and adept with basic research skills – data collection, inference and analysis
- Be open to fun, open and respectable environment
- Be a team player, have strong analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
The Internship is open to both Domestic and International applicants. We offer assistance for visa applications in ‘Volunteer Category’ for International Students (if necessary).
There is no registration fee to apply for the program.
There is no stipend paid to Interns for the duration. However, reimbursements approved on actuals by the requisite guide/ coordinator for the purpose of research are provided. Interns are requested to make their own living arrangements in New Delhi (if needed).
- Complete the Online Application Form; the form additionally consists of two sections dealing with a Statement of Purpose and essays as a writing sample to be considered for the Interview Round
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed through video calls if in-person interviews are not possible; In special circumstances, we do conduct interviews over the phone..
- A weighted proportion score of the Essays and Personal Interview will be used to determine the final list of selected candidates
- A second-list based on contingency is generated for wait-listed candidates
Applications can be submitted through the online portal alone. Applications via eM or post are not considered.
Any attempt to influence the application decision leads to disqualification of the candidate.