The National Law School of India University is providing Online Internship Opportunity at CIPRA.
The Centre for Intellectual Property Research and Advocacy (CIPRA) aims to enhance the intellectual property knowledge base and research capabilities of the country in general and the NLSIU in particular.
The center attempts to achieve these aims through a two-pronged strategy. Firstly, it attempts to disseminate information on intellectual property rights with a view to creating awareness in the public in general. Secondly, it initiates research into relatively unexplored and novel areas.
About the Online Internship Opportunity at CIPRA
One of the IP Centers of NLSIU, Bangalore – CIPRA (Center for Intellectual Property Research and Advocacy), has introduced an Online Internship policy in light of COVID-19. The pandemic has brought several changes to our work culture therefore the need for this new policy for internship. The Centre will be accepting internship applications from the 1st August 2020 onwards on a remote working policy.
- The interns will be provided zoom links by the Research Associate. Interns are to co-ordinate with Ms. Sadhana (office assistant, details below) for the links to such meetings and to contact any research associate if they wish.
- Each intern will have to write an original 1000-1200 word small article Each week to be vetted by any research associate for publication on the website (either of the two). The formatting of such articles will follow standard formatting rules and bluebook 20th edition footnoting format.
- The interns will also have to make one presentation at the end of the month on any topic that they have worked on during the month.
- Therefore the internship will be considered to be complete only on the submission of four original pieces on any area of IPR.
- In addition to these, the interns will assist the research associates with any tasks as required.
- The interns will be provided a certificate which will be sent to them at the end of their internship at their place of residence. The centre does not provide any stipend.
Application Procedure for Online Internship Opportunity at CIPRA
Interns are to send their details (CV, cover letter) to cipra[at]nls.ac.in at least two weeks in advance for the Internship.
Minimum 30 days
Ms. SADHANA E.