Dalberg, a global consulting firm, is calling applications for its Undergraduate (Online) Internship program, for those who aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling global issues.
About the Dalberg
Dalberg Global Development Advisors is a strategy and policy advisory firm. Founded in 2001, the company specializes in global development. Dalberg has worked in over 90 countries with over 400 clients including governments, foundations, international agencies, non-governmental organizations, and Fortune 500 companies. Its mission is to raise living standards in developing countries and mobilize effective responses to the world’s most pressing issues.
- Join Dalberg project teams supporting their clients to drive the creation of innovative and results-oriented solutions.
- Interns will work closely with members of a project team and take ownership of key aspects of project work, including leading research and analyses.
- Interns will be paired with junior staff members who will serve as the interns’ mentors for the duration of the internship.
- Each intern will also be assigned an advisor who is responsible for the intern’s professional development and growth during their internship.
- Interns will have regular training in consulting skills, communications, business development and specific content areas of interest.
- Full-time undergraduate with expected graduation in 2021 or 2022
- Pursuing a degree in Economics, Business, International Relations, Science, Math, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent academic record
- Leadership experience on- or off-campus
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Understanding of the political and cultural realities of international organizations or environments
Skills and Abilities Required
- Fluency in spoken and written languages other than English
- Experience with financial analysis, excel, STATA
- In-depth knowledge on specific topics related to Dalberg’s work
- Demonstrated ability to innovate new programs, processes, ideas, or initiatives
- Current opportunities are in Mumbai and New Delhi.
- The role is open only to Indian nationals and candidates who do not require sponsorship for local work authorization.
- It will be a virtual internship and applicants can work from anywhere remotely.
- The Undergraduate Intern role is a 10-12 week program, structured in 2 batches dependent on the start date of the next academic term.
Batch 1 will commence in April/May 2021 and Batch 2 will commence in June 2021. The intern will have the opportunity to better understand what full-time employment with Dalberg is like.
- Please submit your application at our Career Centre by 24 January 2021 at 11:59 PM IST.
- Your application should include a resume noting your current GPA and SAT/ACT, transcript, and cover letter that discusses your interest in international development and identifies issues that are most pressing to you.
- Final decisions regarding intern positions will be made no later than 12 March 2021.
- During the same recruitment period, please only apply for one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application in case there are openings in other offices.
- Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions and to discuss interests and experience.