About the National Law University Odisha
National Law University Odisha is a public law school and a National law University in India located at Cuttack, Odisha. It was established in 2008 under the National Law University Odisha Act, commencing its first batch from July 2009. The Institute offers undergraduate.
About the Opportunity
The Literary & Debating Committee of National Law University Odisha is organising the VI NLUO British Parliamentary Debate 2021.
About the Debate
Being one of the few institutions in the Eastern Circuit, which offers British Parliamentary style debates, NLUO BPD has witnessed participation from teams within and across the border in its previous editions. Keeping up with the old tradition of maintaining quality and fostering a diverse debating culture, we are introducing an Affirmative Action Policy promoting gender inclusivity.
This edition too, they promise a stellar adjudication core, enthralling motions and all in all a well–rounded debating experience.
Date and Time
The tournament is scheduled from the 16th to the 18th of July 2021 (Friday – Saturday – Sunday). It shall follow the British Parliamentary Debate format and will be conducted online over Zoom & Discord.
Besides institutional teams, they are also extending the dais to cross-teams and independent adjudicators to compete for prize money exceeding One Lakh Rupees.
- Teams with both speakers self-identifying as Non – Cis – Het – Male (NCM) individuals: INR 450/- per person
- Teams not belonging to the above criteria: INR 600/- per person
- Adjudicators self-identifying as Non – Cis – Het – Male (NCM) individuals: INR 400/-
- Adjudicators not belonging to the above criteria: INR 500/-We are following N = N adjudicator policy wherein N = number of team slots requested.
This policy is applicable to both institutional & cross teams. Contingents with A – level adjudicators shall be preferred (i.e Adjudicators who have broken in at least twice or have won one parliamentary debate).
Notwithstanding the Affirmative Action Policy, any Institutional & Independent Adjudicator shall also have the option of applying for subsidy on the basis of their adjudicator credentials, via the forms linked below.
The last date for registration is 25th June 2021 after which we shall be releasing the allotment list for all participants.
- Isha Pande (Convener): +91-9696920019
- Arkaneil Bhaumik (Co-Convener): +91-9874123633
- Akshita Goel (Treasurer): +91-8887976996
- Prajjawal Shrivastav (Secretary): +91-8319441516