About the Institution
NALSAR, Centre for Aerospace and Defence Laws (CADL) is organising its “Aerospace and Defence Laws Lecture Series”, a Webinar series, which will bring together academics, legal practitioners, and experts from the field, to critically explore the education in Aviation, Defence and Space Laws, and explore the current trends in these sectors.
About the Webinar
Maps have been the most powerful medium of information and navigation to understand various location parameters across the globe. With the advent of technology, digital maps are widely used and is the common mode of navigation which uses technologies like big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things and other navigation-based technologies.
This spatial component is used in various sectors, including the location-based infrastructure, Disaster management, agriculture, environment assessment, health care, e-governance and many more. Research reveals that the global spatial market has an estimated value of USD 78 million, thriving at a CAGR of 16.6% during the assessment period from 2016 through 2022.
With this in mind, CADL, NALSAR University of Law will hold its next webinar in “Aerospace and Defence Law Lecture Series” titled “Application of GIS and Remote Sensing Technologies: Trends and Prospects” on Saturday, 25th July 2020 at 5:00 PM IST.
About the Speakers
Introduction by: Professor Balakista Reddy, Registrar, Head, Centre for Aerospace and Defence Laws, NALSAR University of Law
- Dr. Swarna Subba Rao, Former Surveyor General of India
- Prof. I. V. Murali Krishna, Professor and Director R&D and Dr Raja Ramanna DRDO Distinguished Fellow
- Dr. G. Sreenivasa Reddy, Additional Director General, Telangana state Remote Sensing Application Centre (TRAC).
- Dr. K. P. R. Menon, Head, Data Dissemination, National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad.
Moderated by: Ms. Priya Iyengar, Visiting Faculty Lecturer, CADL, NALSAR University of Law and founding partner, Compass Law associates.
- ‘Quiz for Fun’ and Grab Rewards’ at Juscholars and Enhelion Quiz Series: Register by July 26
- Call for Articles for Jus Weekly: Register by July 25 (Entry Fee- Rs 100, No publication Fee)
- Call for Paper: Jindal Global Law Review: Submit by Aug 9
- RMLNLU’s Webinar:Reassertion of Control by Host States in Investor-State Dispute Settlement(July 22)
- Short Term Online Course on Maritime Law and Practice by Parul University & GMU: Register by July 22
- Call for Contributions: NLUO’s Edited Book: Submit by July 31
- Online Programme on Law of Evidence for Civil and Criminal Trials by ILS, Pune: July 17- Aug 20