Volunteers Collective is inviting applications for internship opportunities to work on the ground (Delhi) for their legal aid and social awareness initiative to help survivors of domestic violence and spread awareness about remedies and relief available to women in the legal sphere.
About the Volunteers Collective
Volunteers Collective is a collective of citizens working on a range of legal and social issues. They have previously worked with victims of Delhi riots in legal aid and assistance, advocated against draft EIA 2020 and for mental health care, provided legal aid & created awareness about the legal remedies for domestic violence survivors. They also have a website writefordemocracy.in where they invite essays, articles, and opinion pieces on similar issues from their readers and followers.
- This internship opportunity is open to students in both legal and non-legal disciplines.
- Preference will be given to those who have graduated or are graduating in law and allied social science subjects.
- Prior experience in fieldwork is appreciated but not mandatory.
This internship position is based out of Delhi.
We are seeking interns for the months of January to June. Interns can either work for both months or choose to work for one month.
- Accompany team members during on-ground awareness initiatives twice a month.
- Research on relevant topics and laws relating to domestic violence in India.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of testimonies collected during on-ground activities to help prepare files for cases.
- Documentation of on groundwork and preparing daily reports of the same.
- Assist in spreading awareness about laws and remedies available to women to report domestic violence.
Since they are a citizen’s collective, they are unable to offer stipends to their interns.
Internship certificate and a performance based letter of recommendation at the end of the internship
To apply, send in your CVs and a short cover letter on why they should choose you to [email protected]