About Teach for India
At Teach For India, we’ve built a nationwide movement of leaders who are working relentlessly to end inequity in education. It’s been twelve years since we began this journey and today we have 900+ Fellows leading classrooms impacting 32,000 children across the country, Through our Fellowship, we infuse the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem and have a growing movement of 3400+ Alumni. Our Alumni work at all levels of the education system from teaching, teacher training, school leadership and community empowerment to education technology, policy, governance, media as well as in the private sector. Cumulatively, our Alumni have founded 150+ organisations in the social sector with 200 of them occupying senior leadership and CXO positions across organisations.
77% of our Alumni continue to work in the development sector impacting 33 million, or 1 in 10 children across India, thereby demonstrating their commitment to our vision – One Day All Children Will Attain An Excellent Education. Collectively, these numbers represent the immense potential of our model and the power of our broader community – a potential to catalyze a movement for education reform and redefine what’s possible for children from the most vulnerable backgrounds. Our work will only be complete once we have built a movement of leaders large enough to ensure that every child in India is receiving an excellent education.
On Staff, we pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of 200+ individuals who are committed to the pursuit of excellence and practicing the values that shape us as people.. We have been recognised by Great Places To Work and are an equal opportunities employer, providing compensation and benefits at the top of the nonprofit sector.
The ‘Research and Innovation intern’ will work closely with the City Director & the Leadership Team in Hyderabad. The intern is broadly responsible for two key research projects in the city. They will support with the design, initiation and implementation of two research projects.
- Blended Learning – The first research project is to examine the effectiveness of blended learning interventions implemented in 34 different schools in Hyderabad.The project will culminate into a report/white paper.
- Ecosystem Research – The second research project pertains to identifying key ecosystem players in the field of Education and building a strategic roadmap for partnerships in the city.
- Design end-to-end project scope and sequence
- Read and synthesis secondary research documents
- Conduct participant interviews and focus group discussions
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Co-author a report/ white paper
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Interest to engage in both Primary and Secondary research
- Past experience conducting qualitative studies
- Basic Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Ppt, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Time management and flexibility to accommodate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and synthesize documents
- Exploratory mindset, curiosity to continuously learn, be adaptive and push limits
- Strive for excellence and perfection in the intended outcomes
- Willingness to engage in academic content
- Ability to listen deeply and embrace divergent perspectives
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A graduate degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s Program in the field of Social Sciences
- Call for Papers| NLUJ Scholasticus: Submit by July 7
- Paid Online Internship Opportunity at JTCDM, TISS [Stipend- 15K]: Apply by June 15
- Call for papers| NLUO’s CCL: Submit by Aug 16
- Internship Opportunity at Sansad Television [Stipend: 30-50K/ Month]: Apply now!
- Internship Opportunity at KZJ Partners: Apply now!