About the Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited from interested students for Morgan Stanley’s Legal & Compliance (Summer Analyst) Internship Program 2022. The internship is a physical internship and the interns will be based in Mumbai.
The Morgan Stanley Legal & Compliance Internship program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve its maximum potential.
On joining, you will go through a training program that covers policies & procedures of the Legal & Compliance Division. There are senior manager presentations and professional skills workshops along the way to provide you with a well-rounded experience.
Summer Analysts spend 10 weeks working on live projects, understanding the business workings and how does Legal & Compliance Division support Morgan Stanley and its businesses.
Mode of Internship
Physical; Mumbai (Maharashtra)
Duration of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create management information reports on a periodic basis;
- Monitor development in regulatory requirements and adjust surveillance models accordingly;
- Review and analyze trade surveillance reports and vendor surveillance system alerts, and sign off alert completion related to employee, client and firm trading activities;
- Provide advice and guidance to employees on their investing and outside activities;
- Conduct investigations on irregularities and abnormal activities and document findings; and
- Escalate unresolved issues or potential violations of the Morgan Stanley’s policies or external rules and regulations to his/her manager, coverage Compliance and Senior Management of Business Units.
- Process requests for T360 (Legal) vendor on-boarding/reactivations
- Handle legal Invoice documentation and associated exceptions
- Maintenance of outside counsel database and consultant’s time approval
- Information Security Assessment for law firms and other vendors
- Co-ordinate with legal and compliance employees for entitlement related reviews and associated procedures
- Track record of academic excellence
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports
- Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes
- Experience in MS office preferably Excel
- An outstanding academic record with success in extracurricular activities, along with strong communication skills and the ability to work and interact with others
- Paid Internship Opportunity with Vibha Vasuki: Apply by Aug 25
- Paid Online Internship Opportunity at Churchgate Partners: Apply by Aug 25 [Freshers can Apply!]
- Internship Opportunity at AAA Insolvency Professionals LLP [Starts Aug 20]: Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates: Apply Now!
- Paid Online Internship Opportunity with Sandali Thakur: Apply by Aug 12
Important Note: In case students have any issue/feedback for the internships and other opportunties posted on the LawBhoomi, Students can write to us by sending an email to [email protected]