About the National Law University-Jodhpur
National Law University-Jodhpur (NLU Jodhpur) is one of India’s leading Law Schools situated in the vibrant and colourful city of Jodhpur, Rajasthan. NLU Jodhpur has constantly been ranked as one of the top law schools in India. Since its establishment in 1999, NLU Jodhpur has endeavoured to produce exceptional lawyers and legal scholars aimed at pushing and challenging the existing boundaries of knowledge.
About the Centre for IP Studies
The Centre for IP Studies (CIPS) at National Law University Jodhpur aims to carve out a niche for intellectual property research. CIPS interacts with the community and creates avenues for spreading intellectual property awareness. Through its initiatives, its motivated faculty and students hope to make the domain of intellectual property accessible to all. The webinar was organised by the Centre as part of its dedicated Centre activities to promote research and studies in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
The webinar will focus on the scope of food protection in the EU under the Traditional Specialities Guaranteed (TSG) category. The discussions will also centre on the TSG’s applicability in India, as foodstuffs are included as a category of goods under the purview of protection under the GI system in India by virtue of The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999.
Prof. Irene Calboli
Professor of Law, Texas A&M University School of Law
Distinguished Fellow, Royal University of Law and Economics
Master of Law (LL.M.), London School of Economics and Political
Dr. Andrea Zappalaglio
Lecturer in IP Law, University of Sheffield
DPhil, University of Oxford
LLM, University College of London
Combined Bachelor and Master Degree in Law, University of Milan
- Last Date of Registration: September 10, 2021 (11:59 PM)
- Date of the Webinar: September 11, 2021 (5:00 PM – 6:40 PM)
The following may be contacted in case of any clarification is required
- Rohan Nalagatla, Convenor CIPS
Contact Number: +91 8696922103
- Mansi Jain, Student Member CIPS
Contact Number: +91902492069
- Or mail your query at [email protected].
- National Conference on Tribal Transition in India by HNLU: Submit Abstract by Oct 30
- Webinar on Cryptocurrency and Financial Technology Sector by SLS Hyderabad: Register by Oct 28
- RGNUL’s One-Day Online Lecture on How the Law and Legal System in India have Failed to Deliver Justice [Oct 25, 3 PM]: Register Now!
- 2-Day International Seminar by GH Raisoni Law College [Oct 23-24]: Papers Invited!
- Free Webinar on Privacy as a Constitutional Tort by Mahindra University: Register Now!