Centre for Intellectual Property Studies, National Law University, Jodhpur was established in 2018 with an aim to promote research and studies in the field of Intellectual Property Rights. The Centre also monitors, designs and disseminates various courses and programmes pertaining to training and research in Intellectual Property Rights.
The Centre for Intellectual Property Studies [“CIPS”], National Law University, Jodhpur [“NLUJ”] is pleased to announce the CIPS Essay Writing Competition, 2020. The theme of the competition is: ‘Copyright Societies and Performers’ Societies in India’.
Copyright Societies and Performers’ Societies play a very significant role towards the collection and distribution of revenue from authorized utilization of works and performances. There are many significant issues concerning the working of these institutions.
CIPS invites original, genuine and unpublished contributions from students pursuing 3-year LL.B. programme/5-year integrated LL.B. programme or LL.M. programme in any recognized university in India.
Copyright Societies and Performers’ Rights Societies in India
Any pertinent research question related to the theme may be chosen by the author to provide a succinctly worded relevant work (1500 words, excluding footnotes).
- Last Date of Registration: 20th September 2020 (by 11:59 PM)
- Last Date of Submission of Manuscripts: 27th September 2020 (by 11:59 PM)
- Declaration of Results: 10th October 2020
- The first, second and third prizes are worth ₹5000/-, ₹3000/- and ₹2000/- respectively.
- Top 6 submissions including the prize-winning essays will be awarded e-certificates of Merit. Their entries will also be published on The NLUJ Centre for Intellectual Property Studies Blog to be launched soon.
- All Entries will be awarded e-certificates of participation.
The students shall register by paying a fee of Rs. 500 here at ‘Payment Other than Semester Fee’ specifying the purpose of payment as ‘CIPS Essay Competition’ latest by September 20th, 2020.
- Name of the participant
- Year and course (UG/PG)
- Name of the University
- Contact details (Phone Number and Email Id)
- Harshita Jaiman: Convenor, CIPS: +91-9829463431
- Janhavi Somvanshi: Member, CIPS: +91-8874911952
- Kirti Harit: Member, CIPS: +91-7060804553
To stay updates about legal opportunities and events round the nation, join our whatsapp group.
To know about more legal opportunities, Click Here.