About the Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla
Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla (HPNLU Shimla) is a public law school and a National Law University located at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is the 20th National Law University established in India. NLU Shimla is governed by the High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
About the Programme
A 2-Week Capacity Building Programme on Comparative Public Law and Hindu Philosophy: Research and Teaching Dimensions in 21st Century India are being organized by the Centre for Comparative Public Law, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla in association with the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi.
The emphasis of the two weeks programme, is, intended to ignite and initiate serious academic debate and to prepare young faculties and researchers for the study of Indian legal philosophy and public law. It is our belief and confidence behind the initiative that the Constitution of India and the constitutional precepts may appropriately be understood in the context of and sufficient background knowledge of ancient Hindu philosophy.
Comparativism or comparative methods of understanding (of law, and legal institutions) has become a new academic canon in a globalizing world, where institutional arrangements, as well as normative/ theoretical elements, are increasingly seen to be universalizable. Frequent examples are found in the discussions on important public issues, policy statements, and decisions of the courts. Prof. Ludwig Ehrlich observed, in 1921, that, “…it (is) indispensable to utilize the experience of mankind in various states and at various times, it would appear even more important to adopt the same procedure on a scientific basis now that developments in every country reflect immediately upon conditions in other countries”.
The participants should be Lecturer/ Assistant Professor in a UGC recognized university/ deemed university/ colleges/ institutes of national importance and ICSSR Research Institutes.
Their application should be duly forwarded by the parent institution.
- The registration shall be on – First Come First Served basis.
- Interested candidates shall submit, at the time of filling the Registration Form, a No Objection Certificate duly signed by the concerned authority on behalf of the institution in which the candidate is currently working.
- Application does not ipso facto guarantee registration of the participant for CBP. The final registration shall be subject to the decision of the Organizing Committee.
- The acceptance and confirmation of registration shall be communicated within five days of closing date of online
- Participants shall be intimated about their acceptance of registration through the online medium.
There is no registration fees for this Capacity Building Programme.
The CBP is being organised in association with the Indian Council for Social Science Research, New Delhi.
- Opening of the CBP for Registration: 11th June 2021
- Last Date of Registration: 5th July 2021
- Intimation of Acceptance: 12th July 2021
- Conducting the CBP: 16-29 July, 2021
Dr. Chanchal Kumar Singh
Email ID: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +91-8076153198
Mr. Aayush Raj
Mobile Number: +91-8986580111