About the Ramaiah College of Law
Ramaiah College of Law (RCL) is a premier law college situated in Bengaluru that has been imparting quality legal education since 1995. Apart from the regular academic activities, to contribute to research in the field of law, Ramaiah College of Law.
About the opportunity
The Editorial Committee of “M.S. Ramaiah Journal of Law” invites articles from academicians, law professionals, research scholars and students of law. The Journal is an annual, ISSN blind peer- reviewed (ISSN: 0975-9905) publication of Ramaiah College of Law. Through this Journal, we seek to encourage the analysis of law. We would like contributors to address emerging issues in contemporary society through a pragmatic yet humanistic approach. A theoretical study complemented by empirical research will be appreciated.
Contemporary and Interdisciplinary Issues ofLaw.
- Articles: 5,000 – 8,000 words
- Short Articles: 3,000– 4,000 words
The Article should also include an abstract of about 250 words, which has to precede the article.
Submissions are invited from students, academicians, research scholars and practitioners of law. Entries can be co-authored. However, a maximum of two authors per entry is allowed.
A uniform style of citation available at https://www.ili.ac.in/footnoting12.pdf has to be followed.
- The submission must be word processed and in Times New Roman.
- The main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10.
- A line spacing of 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for footnotes should be followed.
- All paragraphs must begin with a one-inch indent.
- All hyperlinks must be in black colour and must not be underlined.
- Submissions should be made in MS Word format and those in pdf shall not be accepted.
- Level one heading: It shall be numbered and in the centre.
- Level two heading: It shall be left aligned and in bold letters.
- Level three heading: It shall be left aligned and italicized.
- All manuscripts shall include an ‘Introduction’ and ‘Conclusion’.
- All citations shall be placed in foot-notes.
- Number less than 100 shall be spelt out unless they are a percent (e.g., 5 percent).
- Use of first person shall be avoided.
- The Journal encourages the use of gender-neutral language.
- All pages shall be numbered.
- Uniform date format shall be used (e.g., August 15, 1947).
- Quotations: Quotations within a sentence must be enclosed in double quotation marks (“ ”). A quotation within a quotation should be enclosed in single quotation marks (‘ ’). A quotation longer than three lines should be set out in a separate block indented from both the left and right margins.
- Do not enclose the quotation in quotation marks. A quotation is introduced with a colon (:)
- When referring to a section or article of a statute in the main text, the word ‘section’/’ article’ should neither be abbreviated nor capitalized. However, in the footnotes the section/ article should be abbreviated. (E.g. The Constitution of India, art. 30; The Indian Penal Code, s. 42.)
- All the received articles/research papers will be subject to plagiarism check.
- All submissions will go through an initial round of review and selection by the Editorial Board and then be sent for blind peer- review, before being finalised for publication.
- Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and communicate the same to the Editorial Board.
- Authors are required to mail two copies of the article: one copy must provide the author details (including name and institutional affiliation), and the other without any reference to the author(s) on their affiliation.
- The subject of the mail should be “MSRJL Volume VII, 2022” and should contain the name of the author(s), institutional affiliation, mobile number(s) and email address(s).
- The mail should also include a duly completed, signed and scanned copy of the declaration (draft attached as Annexure I).
Last date for submission of abstract and full paper: October 10, 2022.
For any details or queries a mail can be sent to [email protected]
The authors shall be intimated about the status of selection of the articles only after the completion of the peer review process.
NOTE: MSRJL shall retain all copyright arising out of any publication. Only the moral rights shall vest with the author.
DECLARATION BY THE AUTHOR(S)
I / We, ……………………………………………………………………………………….. declare that the paper entitled “……………………………………………………………………………….……………….” is my/our original work and has neither been published nor is under consideration for publication anywhere else in any form.
I/We certify that, to the best of our knowledge, the article paper does not infringe upon anyone’s copyright nor violate any proprietary rights. Any quotations from other works are fully acknowledged in accordance with the standard referencing practices. Furthermore, to the extent that we have included copyrighted material that surpasses the boundary of fair dealing within the meaning of the Indian Copyright Act, we certify that we have obtained a written permission from the copyright owner(s) to include such material(s) in the paper and have included copies of such copyright clearances to our appendix. In case of any complaints pertaining to plagiarism, I/we certify that I/we shall be solely responsible for the same.
I/We further give permission for the article of the abovementioned title, to be published by the Editorial Committee of M.S. Ramaiah College Journal of Law and that I/we understand that the withdrawal of such consent is not possible after the intimation of the selection of the article for the Journal.