About the ICFAI Law School
The Faculty of law commonly known as ICFAI Law School is a constituent unit of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (A Deemed-to-be University) established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, located in the lush green environment in the vicinity of the historical city of Hyderabad.
About the Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law
The Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law at ICFAI Law School seeks to contribute towards the field of criminal law at an academic level. It seeks to contribute to the existing literature and to undertake research activities on issues at the national as well as global level.
To organize conferences, seminars and workshops, webinars, symposium, expert lectures on various contemporary issues on the field remains one of the main approaches by the centre in order to initiate academic and public debate.
About the Journal for the Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law
The Centre for Excellence in Criminal Law, in furtherance of its goals towards undertaking research and contributing to the existing literature in the field of criminal law and allied subjects has endeavoured to come up with a new journal “Title”.
We are proposing the first issue of the journal in January 2021. The first issue of the journal will explore broad areas of criminal law and allied subjects. Contributions are welcome from academicians, legal professionals and students in the field.
The journal will be accepting full-length research and scholarly articles, and legislative/case comments documenting original and substantial research work. The research work may have a doctrinal or empirical approach.
Contributions are welcome from academicians, legal professionals and scholars in the field.
- All submissions are to be made through email only. Submissions are to be emailed at [email protected] with subject as “Submission for Journal Volume 1 Issue 1”. The receipt of submission shall be acknowledged within 24 hours.
- The paper should contain an abstract in the beginning of less than 300 words clearly indicating the research questions, the methodological approach and the relevance of the research to the field of criminal law.
- Five key words are to be provided along with the abstract.
- Following the abstract should be the title page containing the paper’s title and the authors details including the author’s contact details. In case of co-authorship, details of both the authors are to be given. The rest of the manuscript should not contain any author-identifying information.
- The word limit for full length research articles is 8,000 words and case/legislative comments is 4,000 words. These limits are inclusive of any references, tables, exhibits and appendices.
- The paper shall be submitted in word document (.doc or .docx) format only. The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- The papers should be well-referenced in the APA style of referencing. Any plagiarism detected will render the submission subject to rejection.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to two authors only.
- The submission should be original and unpublished work of the author. Publication of the same elsewhere during the process of review is to be intimated to the review and editorial committee without delay.
The last date for submission is December 15, 2020, 11:59 pm (IST).
Feel free to write to us at [email protected]
Dr. KS Rekh Raj Jain, Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
Email: [email protected], Phone no: +919704093588
Anwesha Panigrahi, Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
Email: [email protected], Phone no: +918763709315