The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) is an autonomous National Law University (NLU) established by the RGNUL Act (No. 12 of 2006) passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab, under the second wave of reforms instituted by the Bar Council of India.
Established in 2006, RGNUL has garnered a pan-India reputation as a stellar institution for legal research and education. In May 2015, RGNUL became the first and the only NLU to have been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an ‘A’ grade.
About the RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review
The RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) is a bi-annual, student-run, double-blind peer-reviewed law journal published by RGNUL, Punjab. The journal was first published in the year 2014 and gives an opportunity to legal academia, legal professionals, and law students to contribute cutting-edge doctrinal and empirical research in the field of business and commercial laws. The Journal is indexed on SCC Online, Manupatra, and Hein Online and has been consistently ranked among the top 10 most accessed law school journals by SCC Online.
As a part of its endeavor to promote study and research in the field of business and commercial laws, the Editorial Board has organized the RGNUL-SAM Conclave on Practical Aspects in the Banking and Finance sector in India, in collaboration with Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co. (SAM & Co.) and the RFMLR-IBBI Conference on Evolving Dynamics of the Insolvency Regime in India in collaboration with the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) among other events.
The Journal has also received guest articles from leading professionals and academicians from top law firms, and law schools across India, and in our previous issues, the Peer Review Board has been graced by the presence of various legal luminaries.
About Volume XI Issue I
For Volume XI Issue I, the author(s) can make submissions in the domain of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, competition, insolvency, banking and finance, insurance, capital markets, securities, dispute resolution and ADR, international trade, investment funds, labor and employment, taxation, intellectual property, real estate, technology, media & telecommunication, and white-collar crimes.
Submissions encouraging an insightful discourse around any contemporary developments in the field of financial and mercantile laws are also welcome.
The Editorial Board invites submissions from legal practitioners, professionals, academics, and law students.
RFMLR accepts submissions in the following categories:
- Article: 6000-12,000 words
- Short Note: 4000-6000 words
- Case Comment: 3000-5000 words
- Book Review: 1500-3000 words
- The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- The submissions shall be in English language only.
- Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- Submissions shall be lucid, contemporarily relevant, and well-researched. They shall contain a novel analysis of the issue by the author(s). The Editorial Board encourages analytical submissions with concrete suggestions over descriptive submissions with generic suggestions.
- Any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited and the submission shall be original, unpublished, and an outcome of the author’s own efforts.
- The manuscripts shall be submitted through the Google Form only. Submissions made through any other mode will not be entertained.
- Each author is allowed to submit a maximum of 1 manuscript, in .doc or .docx format.
- The author(s) shall submit the manuscript along with a duly signed Certificate of Originality and Copyright (in this format).
- Upon submission, the author(s) will receive a receipt of acknowledgment of submission along with a code for your manuscript. Kindly quote the same in any future communication.
In case of any queries, please write to the Editorial Board at [email protected].
The official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.