Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU) is a public law school and a National Law University located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established as Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute in 2005, and since then, has been providing undergraduate and post-graduate legal education.
It ranks 15th among India’s law institutes in the 2021 edition of the National Institutional Ranking Framework report by the Ministry of Education (India) (erstwhile MHRD). The University is fully funded by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
About the Journal
RMLNLU Law Review (‘Journal’) is an annual peer-reviewed journal published by the Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow which seeks to provide numerous insights and views into contemporary legal issues and encourages conversations about the same. The RMLNLU Law Review runs parallel to the RMLNLU Law Journal on CMET (Communications, Media, Entertainment, and Technology).
After having celebrated thirteen years of immense success and acclaim as a reputed Journal, we are pleased to announce the call for papers for Volume XIV of the RMLNLU Law Review. The Editorial Board of the Law Review works in close collaboration with an Advisory Board to select articles for publication. The expertise and experience of the diversely composed Advisory Board, which has representation in the form of professors, advocates, and legal professionals, is to provide a holistic review of each article and uphold the standard of the articles that finally get accepted for publication; with there being a great emphasis on quality research, relevance of topic and novel contributions in the scrutiny phase of review.
About Call for Papers
The Journal accepts submissions from law students and professionals all over the country and abroad, under the following categories:
- Articles: 5000-7000 words
- Essays: 4000-5000 words
- Case notes/comments: 2000-3000 words
- Book Reviews: 2000-3000 words
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 12 pts.
- Line spacing – 1.5
- Margin – 1” from all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 10 pts
- Line Spacing – 1.0
- All the sources in the footnotes must be properly cited strictly in accordance with the latest OSCOLA (4th edition) format. No endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are allowed.
General Submission Guidelines
- The submissions may be on any contemporary legal issue. The authors are expected to adhere to the prescribed word limit (excluding footnotes and abstract), as indicated above.
- Each of these entries shall be required to conform to the set of guidelines that follow.
- An abstract of about 250-300 words and 5 keywords should be mandatorily included in the same Word document as a part of the submission.
- The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Centre Aligned.
- Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left-aligned.
- The contents should in no way, directly or indirectly, indicate or reference the identity of the author(s).
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in “book reviews” and “case notes/comments”.
- Please note that all submissions must adhere to a strict plagiarism limit of 33%, as any papers exceeding this threshold will be automatically rejected.
- The submission must exhibit originality in thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- The author(s) must include the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain all the relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their degrees, Designation, Name of College/University/Institution, Postal Address, Phone Number and Email ID). A separate attachment for a cover letter shall not be entertained.
- Editors’ decision shall be final and binding. They reserve the sole rights to the publication of the selected articles in addition to; inter alia, any edits/amends/reproduction. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Journal Committee, RMLNLU.
September 16, 2023
- The submissions may be emailed at law review. rmlnlu[at]gmail. com in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The name of the attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the name(s) of the author(s). Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
- The subject title for the mail must be ‘Article/Essay/Case Comment/Book Review for Volume XIV’.
- There shall be a rigorous review process comprising 3 stages. Members of the Advisory Board will be closely involved in the review process.
- This would ensure a greater standard of review and identification of quality academic writing.
- The authors shall be intimated about the status of their manuscript at every stage.
- e-Mail ID: law review.rmlnlu[at]gmail.com
- Maitrey Chaudhary: 7458877788
- Aarushi Jain: 9315633972
- Priyanshi Bhageria: 8852012939
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.