About the University of Calcutta
The University of Calcutta, informally known as Calcutta University, is a collegiate public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was established on 24 January 1857 and was one of the first institutions in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and Western-style university.
About the Muses
Named after the nine Greek goddesses, considered to be the embodiment of all forms of creations, “The Muses”, is the official online bi-annual publication, written and edited by the students’ of Department of Law, University of Calcutta, which chronicles all activities under the aegis of the institution, and paints a picture of the yearly endeavours of this institute and its students. This publication provides a platform, for the students to exhibit their creative, scientific, literary, academic prowess. The Muses is, but a humble attempt to reflect the diversity and capabilities of the students of Department of Law, University of Calcutta.
Open to all.
All submissions should be made to [email protected]
1. The blog will accept opinion pieces, prose, poems, travelogues, essays, book and film reviews, and articles.
2. Please mention your name, semester, and institutional affiliation in the submission mail.
3. The subject of the mail should be ’Submission for Musings’.
4. The blog is accepting submissions from all. (Including individuals not enrolled as students of Department of Law, University of Calcutta.)
1. Should be submitted in a pdf and an editable word format.
2. Word limit: 2000 words.
3. The blog allows up to two co-authors.
4. The blog will accept submissions in English, Hindi, and Bengali.
5. Citations should be hyperlinked.
* All those contributors whose Blogs will be published will get an e-Certificate of Publication.
Note: Sexually explicit, overtly political, and plagiarised submissions will be rejected.
15th July, 2021.