About Sharda School of Law
Sharda University, School of Law (SSOL) is a dynamic and progressive Law School situated in the clean and green environment of Greater Noida (National Capital Region). SSOL is considered to be one of the most prestigious Law schools in the National Capital Region, offering BCI approved Five Year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), One Year LL.M. (Corporate Law, Criminal Law, International Law, Human Rights, Energy Law) and Ph.D. Programmes.
About the Conference
It is their great privilege to share that the Sharda School of Law, Sharda University is organizing a two days International Conference on “Prospects and Challenges for Innovative Ideas in Intellectual Property Rights” from 1st September to 2nd September 2023.
This conference is going to play a very important role in the development of individual and society as IPRs protects and encourages the creators for innovation and economic gain. It also leads to healthy competition among creators and users, which ultimately leads to the progress of society. The transfer of technology is important for developmental research. It is helpful in the solution to global challenges in the field of alternate energy resources, new products to consumers, and pharmaceutical development.
- Legal framework of IPR in India: Copyright, Patents, Trade secret, Trademark, Design, Layout, Geographical Indication (GI), Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmer’s Rights (PPVFR), Biological diversity, Genetic Resources (GR), Traditional Cultural Expressions (TCE), IPR Policy and allied Laws.
- Challenges related to Copyright.
- Issues related to Patent in the Pharmaceutical Sector and Protection of Medicinal Plants.
- Redressal mechanism in IPR: Tribunals, Special courts, Mediations, ADR
- IPR issues in Digital Domain
- IPR and Human Rights and Human capital development.
- IPR and Media Law
- IPR and Artificial Intelligence
- IPR and Knowledge Driven Economies.
- IPR and the Enforcement Mechanism: Problems and Prospects.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Evaluation of Innovations & Intangible Assets.
- IPRs and TRIPS: International Norms and their Domestic Implementation.
- IPRs and Biological Diversity
- IP Protection and Challenges in the Health Sector
- IPR and Farmer’s Rights
- IPR and Space law
- IPR and Competition laws
- IPR and Traditional Knowledge.
- IPR and Fashion Industry.
The theme is not restricted to the above-mentioned topics; any topic related to IPR is permissible.
Guidelines For Abstract Submission
- Abstract (250-350 words) with keywords should be submitted as an attachment in a Word file.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed by our research committee.
The following information. in the given format, should be sent along with the abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Designation/institution details
- Address and Email ID
- Contact Number
Guidelines for Paper Submission
The full paper must be accompanied by a cover letter which shall include the following details:
- Full name(s) of the Authors/ Co-author
- Professional/Educational Details
- Email address(s)
- Residential address
- WhatsApp Contact number(s)
- Title of the Paper Research
- The article should be in Times New Roman, 12 font, and 1.5 line spacing, Heading should be bold and 14-point font. Subheadings should be bold and in 12 font. Footnotes-Times New Roman, 10 font and 1 line spacing
- Footnotes should conform to the ILI citation style.
- All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication.
- Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- Maximum plagiarism of up to 10% is allowed.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format.
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides;
- Word limit for full paper excluding abstract and footnotes up to 3500-4500 words.
Selected research papers will feature in an edited book by an esteemed international publisher (with ISBN No.).
Registration is mandatory for author and co-author both.
Registration Fees (Offline Mode)
- (Professionals & Academicians)Rs. 1,500/- and Rs. 1,200/- (in case of co-author, additionally).
- (Research Scholars & Students)Rs. 1,000/-.
Registration Fees (Online Mode)
- (Professionals & Academicians) Rs. 1,200/- and Rs. 1,000/- (in case of co-author, additionally).
- (Research Scholars & Students) Rs. 800/-.
Mode Of Payment & Bank Details
- Name of Account Holder: Sharda University- Seminar
- Bank Name: ICICI Bank Ltd.
- Branch Name: Krishna Apra Royal Plaza, D-2, (ACB), Alpha-1, Greater Noida
- Account Holder Name: Sharda University- Seminar
- Account No.: 025405005815
- Branch Code: 000624
- IFSC Code: ICIC0000254
- MICR Code: 110229037
- SWIFT Code: ICICINBBCTS
The following are the important dates to submit your expression of interest
- Last date for the submission of the abstract/work in progress: August 15th, 2023. (Extended to August 20th, 2023)
- Last date of registration: August 20th, 2023. (Extended to August 22nd, 2023)
- Full paper submission of Research Paper/Article: August 25th, 2023.
- Date of National Seminar: September 1st & 2nd, 2023. (Hybrid)
- The abstract can be submitted to: [email protected]
Please find the Registration Link below
- Ms. Shafia Nazir Shah – +91-7889361407
- Mr. Anirudh Tyagi – +91-89290977232
- Mr. Naveen Kumar MA – +91-6380758582
- Ms. Shivani Jha – +91-9523554738
The official notification is here.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.