About the organiser:
Gujarat National Law University is one of the premier National Law Universities of India, accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC. The University offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Ph.D courses in law as well as many interdisciplinary areas. It is one of the leading centres for teaching and learning with respect to legal education in India.
The University is also a forerunner in the field of interdisciplinary research. The University has established various Centres of Excellence to carryout research, training and extension activities. One of the important areas of their academic and scholarly focus is a Centre dedicated to research and training on disability studies launch on October 2nd, 2019.
The GNLU Centre for Disability Studies was established with an aim to work for disability rights and social justice through promotion of teaching and research in the interdisciplinary areas of sociology, social work, law and policy. Through curriculum development, research projects and disability studies, the Centre attempts to do meaningful contribution in the areas of disability and human rights, disability and society, accessibility and reasonable accommodations, inclusive education, gender and disability, amongst others. The Centre intents to create an environment ensuring mainstreaming and equal participation of students with disabilities in the University.
About Summer School Programme:
This programme is aimed at providing the students with different dimensions of disability. It shall enable them to understand the different theoretical aspects pertaining to the lived reality of persons with disability and the issues and concerns faced by them. This course will help the participants to explore the nuances related to the rights, entitlements, services, and programmes available for this largely marginalized community.
Structure of the programme:
The programme shall have four modules:
- Module I: Disability: Concept, Nature, Definitions and Models
- Module II: Theoretical Perspectives of Disability
- Module III: Governmental Policy and Framework for the Empowerment of Disabilities
- Module IV: Research on Disabilities
Mode of conduct:
This programme shall be conducted on Google Meet/Cisco Webex from Aug 8-16, 2020.
The e-certificate will be provided to participants who have attended all the sessions and clears the exam.
The registration for this summer school programme is open.
For registration, you can click here.
The research scholars and students have to pay Rs. 300 and Rs. 500 for others.
For payment, you can click here.
Contact No: 9427956076
Email: [email protected]
You might be also interested at:
- Call for Papers | RMLNLU Law Review: Submit by September 25
- Internship Opportunity at NLUD’s Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Research: Apply by Aug 7
- Quiz Competition by KLE Society’s Law College: Register by Aug 5
- Quiz Competition by Siddhartha Law College: Register by Aug 5
- Call for Blogs for Human Rights Law and Policy Review: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs for Campus Law Centre’s blog (Awaaz): Rolling Submissions
- Call for Paper for Jindal Global Law Review: Submit by Aug 9
- Online Programme on Law of Evidence for Civil and Criminal Trials by ILS, Pune: July 17- Aug 20