About the University
The Faculty of Law, Osmania University has a glorious history of more than 100 years. The “Law Class” was started in the year 1899 to give instruction in law to the students desirous of joining legal profession along with “Judicial Test” classes for Judicial Officers.
About the Workshop
The Faculty of Law, Osmania University is organising a Ten Days Online Workshop on Advanced Legal Research Methodology Sponsored under the Scheme of Rashtriya Uchchatar Sikha Abhiyan (RUSA 2.0).
This course will address some of these issues and serve as a forum for participants to interact and exchange notes on their ongoing work. It aims to introduce specific tools and techniques for effective legal research.
The learning objective would be to enable the participants to use doctrinal tools and techniques for legal research. It seeks to expose legal scholars and teachers to:
- Enable the participants, comprehend the importance and process of research.
- Given an understanding of categories like method, methodology and theoretical perspectives.
- Provide inputs about developing theoretical and methodological framework of research, conceptualization and framing of research questions.
- Understand recent developments in the philosophy of legal research.
- Enhance the analytical skills for research and apply right tools and techniques while conducting research.
- Enable the participants, understand the mechanics of writing a research paper.
The course is for faculty of law and research scholars pursuing their M.Phil./Ph.D./PDF in law from recognized Universities, young think tanks and research institutions.
Members of faculty and researchers in law, who have inclination and some experience in the application of Legal Research are invited to participate in the Course. Any interested students of LL.M. can also apply and would be accepted subject to availability of seats.
All the participants are requested to register by filling the Online Registration Form on or before 3rd August 2020 without fail. Registration is mandatory for all the participants.
- Name of Bank: State Bank of India
- Name of Branch: Arts College, OU, Hyderabad
- Bank A/c. No: 52198263081
- Name: Principal, University College of Law, OU, Hyderabad
- IFSC Code: SBIN0020071
The confirmation of participation will be communicated by 3rd August 2020 to all the selected participants. The applications would be accepted on a first-come-first basis subject to eligibility. The decision of the Coordinator regarding the selection of candidates would be final.
- Last Date for Registration: 3rd August 2020
- Confirmation of Participation latest by 3rd August 2020
- Course Commencement Date: 4th August 2020
- Course Completion Date: 14th August 2020
You might be also interested at:
- Quiz Competition by KLE Society’s Law College: Register by Aug 5
- Quiz Competition by Siddhartha Law College: Register by Aug 5
- Call for Blogs for Human Rights Law and Policy Review: Rolling Submissions
- Call for Blogs for Campus Law Centre’s blog (Awaaz): Rolling Submissions
- Call for Paper for Jindal Global Law Review: Submit by Aug 9
- Online Programme on Law of Evidence for Civil and Criminal Trials by ILS, Pune: July 17- Aug 20