About Course on How to Write a Resume
What you’ll achieve:
In this project-centered course, you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume. When you complete the course, you’ll have an eye-catching resume that lets your professional strengths shine.
What you’ll need to get started: This course is designed primarily for young professionals or college students who are writing their first resume or looking to give an old resume a fresh and polished professional look. All job seekers will benefit from the course material and project, however, regardless of their career stage or professional background.
Holly Justice [Career Counselor, University at Buffalo Career Services]
Syllabus – What you will learn from this course
- Introduction to the Course & Resumes
- The Foundation of your Resume: A Self-Inventory
- Writing Content for your Resume
- Piecing it all Together: Organization, Structure, Format
- Know your Industry
- Best-Practices for your Resume from an Employer
- Shareable Certificate –Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Flexible deadlines- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Approx. 5 hours to complete
Note: The online course is FREE and you can enrol anytime. However, to get a certified, there will be a nominal fee.