About Online Course on Career Planning: A Pathway to Employment
This course is designed to foster creative approaches to launching a new career. You will articulate best ways to make a first impression and analyze your strengths by creating a personal statement. You will identify appropriate elements to make your resume stand out from the crowd. You will also identify the most effective ways a cover letter can answer a job description, and how to best leverage social media in your job search. In short, this course will help you to prepare for a new job. You will learn how to apply, network, leverage social media, interview, follow-up, and evaluate options through research and with the help of experienced faculty and talented professional.
Launching Your Career provides insight from industry leaders on job search, networking and interviewing. You will receive guidance and best practice tips on how to master the interview and professionally close the loop. You will also compose a thank you note and clearly relate your ideal career to existing job titles and offers.
- Dan Stotz [Director, Online Executive Education, Michael J. Coles College of Business, Kennesaw State University]
- Ana T. Baida, Ed.D. [Executive Director, Department of Career Planning and Development]
- Wes Rhea, J.D. [Senior Lecturer, Information Systems]
Syllabus – What you will learn from this course
- Getting Creative: First Impressions
- Writing My Resume
- My Cover Letter
- My Social Media Strategy
- Mastering the Interview
- Writing Thank You Notes
- Evaluating Job Offers
- Shareable Certificate –Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Flexible deadlines- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Approx. 24 hours to complete