Diploma Course in Law and Practice of Arbitration
India’s first ever completely online professional course for students and professionals working in the areas of Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Business, Management, Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries etc. is being launched by the Centre for ADR of the National Law University.
Applications for admission are invited for Certificate Courses in Law and Practice of Arbitration
About the Course
Arbitration is one of the oldest systems of alternative dispute resolution for commercial disputes. Arbitration is a private adjudicative mechanism which takes place pursuant to an agreement between two or more parties. The arbitrator has to act according to law or, if so agreed, other considerations and after a fair hearing render decision which is enforceable at law. It is a preferred method as it is transnational in character and has the backing of law through a network of national and international instruments.
This course is designed to discuss in detail the nuances of domestic and international commercial arbitration. The course is a completely online course which gives an option to the participant to undergo the program at a place and time convenient to him/her.
Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 System) or Equivalent Examination with 60% marks.
Who may apply
Students doing LL.B., LL.M., B.Com., M.Com., M.B.A., C.A., C.S., Lawyers, etc.
- To understand the limitations of courts as a system of dispute resolution in respect of few disputes
- To understand effective resolution of dispute
- To familiarize with domestic and international commercial arbitration
- To know about various legal and regulatory framework governing arbitration
- To learn the latest development in the field of arbitration
After successful completion of the course, the participants will
- Develop a thorough understanding of the arbitration as a method of dispute resolution
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework governing both domestic and International Commercial Arbitration Agreements
- Understand the legal framework for enforcement of Arbitral Awards
- Acquire theoretical and practical understanding of arbitration process
No. of Modules : 03
Course Duration : 6 Months
Course Fee : INR 50, 000 (for Indian nationals)
Course Structure and pedagogy
1. The course is an online course. Every week, participants will be provided:
- E-text of one chapter
- Online Lectures on the chapter
- Quiz for self-assessment
- Discussion Board with the instructor to answer the doubts/questions
2. There will be two seminars and one skill development training. It is mandatory for the participant to attend two of these.
- Seminars on contemporary issues
- Skills of Negotiation and Mediation or Workshop on Drafting in context of arbitration
(In case the participant require certification for these skill development training, a fee will be chargeable)
- Only those participants who have completed at least 70% of the weekly assignments will be allowed to take the exam.
- Participants who will secure 50% or more in the examination will be awarded the Diploma.
- Seats are limited.
- Interested candidates should apply online and pay registration fees of Rs. 3000/- only. For further details about registration and submission of fee, please visit the website of National Law University Delhi.
- The last date for registration is September 15, 2020.
- The Course will commence on October 15, 2020.
For further details
- Visit –nludelhi.ac.in
- Email – [email protected]