About EIT Digital
EIT Digital provides online and blended Innovation and Entrepreneurship education to raise quality, increase diversity and availability of the top-level content provided by 20 leading technical universities around Europe. The universities deliver a unique blend of the best of technical excellence and entrepreneurial skills and mindset to digital engineers and entrepreneurs at all stages of their careers. The academic partners support Coursera’s bold vision to enable anyone, anywhere, to transform their lives by accessing the world’s best learning experience. This means that EIT Digital gradually shares parts of its entrepreneurial and academic education programmes to demonstrate its excellence and make it accessible to a much wider audience. EIT Digital’s online education portfolio can be used as part of blended education settings, in both Master and Doctorate programmes, and for professionals as a way to update their knowledge. EIT Digital offers an online programme in ‘Internet of Things through Embedded Systems’. Achieving all certificates of the online courses and the specialization provides an opportunity to enroll in the on campus program and get a double degree.
About this Course
We are thrilled to see that you are interested and will provide you with a comprehensive study of this intriguiging subject. We hope this course will enthuse you to look further into privacy and personal data regulation. Especially in the light of recent events it becomes more important to know about your (alleged!?) rights and freedoms. After showing you a number of interesting examples of privacy in recent events, this course continues to provide you with an historic introduction, and varying cases and court decisions. It will guide you through the cultural and legal changes in perception of privacy over time. Sometimes with a more technological perspective. Notably, in the Western world differences have accumulated over time and the differences between the USA and Europe will be explained extensively in the follow-up courses. Through video lectures and quizzes we endeavor to build a solid foundation for you to construct a well-founded opinion on privacy. Last but not least we sincerely hope you enjoy the course!
- Week 1: Introduction
- Week 2: A Historic perspective
- Week 3: Expert view
- Week 4: History communality
- Week 5: 19th century specialized international treaties
- Week 6: International Cooperation and Human Rights
- Week 7: Last three decades
- Week 8: Examination
- Flexible deadlines- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Shareable Certificate- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Approx. 7 hours to complete
Note: The online course is FREE and you can enrol anytime. However, to get a certified, there will be a nominal fee.
- Judiciary and Assistant Public ProsecutorExam Coaching by JKILS Coaching Institute: Registrations Open! [FREE Classes]
- FREE 3-day Bootcamp by LawSikho on Technology Law [June 6-9]: Register Now!
- Amity Law School’s 4th National Amity Faculty Development Programme: Register by June 15
- Online Certificate Course by Dharmashastra National Law University on Blockchain: Register by May 24
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur’s online WIPO-India Summer School Training: Register now!