About the NIRMA University
Nirma University was established in 2003 as a statutory university under Gujarat State Act, and as an initiative of the Nirma Education & Research Foundation (NERF). The university has been recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act.
Institute of Law was established with a vision to promote excellence in the field of law and justice, and sets high standards in the field of legal education. The Institute emphasizes the allround development of its students, and aims at not only producing good professionals, but also good and worthy citizens of a great country aiding in its overall progress and development.
About the Programme
Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat is organising a Certificate Course on Law of the Sea and Maritime Law for Undergraduate, Postgraduate students, researchers, scholars and professionals, academicians of the related field and various other stakeholders.
Law of the Sea and Maritime Law is a significant subject of public and private law, which has unique nature with regard to policies and practices in the national and international domain. The important aspect of the law of the sea and maritime law is ocean governance, maritime affairs, maritime business, national and international maritime security, marine environment and ocean sustainability etc.
This course is designed by the experts keeping in mind the importance of the area of studies the law of the sea and maritime law in ocean governance and maritime affairs.
The Course structure is designed to equip the participants with the basic knowledge of the law of the sea and maritime law, particularly maritime regulatory mechanisms which will be helpful for the enhancement of the academic and professional development in the area law of the sea and maritime domain.
Outline of the Course
The course is designed for 48 hours; it is a part-time course. The course contents include very significant aspects of the Law of the Sea & Maritime Law deals with the Ocean Governance, Jurisdiction, Rights and Duties of maritime entities under Law of the Sea. Maritime Contracts, Shipping Business, Maritime Safety & Security, Collision at Sea and Seafarers Welfares, Marine Environments, Maritime Liabilities, Maritime Insurance Law, Maritime Claims & Dispute Settlements.
The classes will be conducted every Thursday and Friday through the online mode except for an official holiday.
The duration of the course will be November 18, 2021, to April 18, 2022. The classes will be 1 (One) Hour from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Thursday and Friday.
The certificate will be awarded after successful completion of the programme and submission of the assignments.
Attendance is compulsory for certification.
- Aims: This Program is designed to provide and equip the participants with the understanding of the Law of the Sea and Maritime Law in particular the regulatory mechanism involved in maritime policies and practices.
- Duration: Six Months (Part-Time), Commencing on November 18, 2021.
- Methodology: Lecture Methods (including video lectures) Case Analysis, participation and Group Discussions (The classes will be 1 (One) hour from 4 PM to 5 PM on Thursdays and Fridays)
- Study materials: Each candidate will be provided with reading materials consisting of research papers, articles, reports and case-law abstracts etc.
- Venue: Online mode, through Cisco Webex
- Receipt of Application: November 15, 2021
- Confirmation of Selection: November 16, 2021
The students of the Institute of Law (ILNU), UG. PG and researchers of any university/Institutes/college. Maritime ports officers, maritime stakeholders and maritime professionals.
The applicants are required to fill the registration form at the following link on or before 15th November 2021.
Keep the online transaction details handy while filling the form.
Fill the registration form along with transaction details and send a scanned copy to the E-mail ID: [email protected]
- Students of Nirma University: Rs. 1,500/-
- Students of any university/Institute/college in India. Researchers, maritime professionals, maritime stakeholders, ports officers, maritime security officers etc.: Rs. 2,000/-
- Account Name: Centre for Continuing Education
- Address: Nirma University, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad-382481
- Bank IFSC Code: KCCB0NRM097
- 9 Digit MICR Code: 380126029
- Bank Account No: 09720180200
Contact Person: Mr CL Yadav
- E-mail ID: [email protected]
- Contact Number: +91 8141244391
- Online Workshop On The Afghan Debacle-Foreign Policy, Security, Terrorism, and International Law by ILPS NLUO: Register by Dec 9
- Certificate Course on Competition Law at CLL, NLIU: Register by Dec 25
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open!
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion: Enrolments Open! [75% off on Online Courses + FREE Books]
- Online Certificate Courses by Enhelion on Technology Law [75% off, FREE Courses and FREE Books]: Last Day Today!