Looking for the best law firms in India for an internship? Consider applying for Maheshwari & Co internships!
About Maheshwari & Co.
Maheshwari and Co. is a full-service law firm that represents its clients in several complex and high-value transactions. They have the expertise and vast experience across various areas of practice including Corporate & Commercial Law, mergers & acquisitions, intellectual property rights, taxation, Litigation and Arbitration, Insolvency & Bankruptcy and Immigration.
Maheshwari & Co. has done extensive work in sectors that include Automotive, Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, startups, e-commerce, Banking and Finance, Infrastructure, Real Estate, Information Technology and Power and Telecom.
About the Maheshwari & Co Internship
Maheshwari & Co. has had significant practice in providing rich internship experiences and considers the mentoring and education of students as part of its core mission. Maheshwari & Co. has openings for two interns every month at all times. All Interns are taken from different top law colleges/institutes/schools.
Maheshwari & Co internship is structured detailing the roles and responsibilities of Interns, deliverables and timelines to which they expect their Interns to adhere.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Interns during Maheshwari & Co internship ranges from basic legal research, preparing case notes, drafting research memoranda, and case briefs and assisting attorneys in case preparation and transactions.
Eligibility & Selection
- Students who have completed at least two years of the 5 year Law programme.
- Students of the 2nd and final year of the 3 year LL.B programme.
- Students who have appeared in their final year of law examination and waiting for their results.
- Students of LL.M. programme, and International students studying in an overseas law school.
2 interns per month
- Corporate Office: B 7/1, Safdarjung Enclave Extension New Delhi 110029
- Lucknow Office: 2nd Floor, YMCA Building 13, Rana Pratap Marg Lucknow 226001 Uttar Pradesh (India)
- Mumbai Office: G Block, Plot C 59 11th Floor, Platina,Bandra Kurla Complex Mumbai
- USA Office: 640 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10019
Maheshwari & Co internship Formality
Once selected as an intern, they expect you to complete a minimum one month of internship with them during which it is mandatory for you to make a project and presentation at the end of the internship.
The presentation shall be on a topic decided by your mentor. The topics would be framed in such a way as to ignite the creative spark in you, asking you to think out of the box on many occasions.
The presentation shall be made to an audience of all your fellow interns as well as the professionals in the organization. They expect the presentation to be of the highest quality as it would set the benchmark for your value addition to the organization.
The goal of the Maheshwari & Co internship program is to train and develop the capacity of students in the promotion and protection of intellectual property rights through advocacy, activism, research and education. Student interns gain practical experience in the field, undertake independent research or experience intellectual property rights concerns that are of interest to them.
- Female Interns: Semi-formal Western attire (Pants and collared shirts) or semi-formal Indian (pants with kameez).
- Male Interns: Smart trousers and office shirts; smart jackets in winter. Earrings, long hair and stubbles are not permitted.
Jeans and other casual clothing, sneakers and sports shoes are only allowed on Saturdays and other holidays. Casual clothes must always be clean, tidy and modest. Shorts and very casual dresses are not allowed on any day.
No loud colours or large prints, please.
10:00 AM to 7 PM
Saturdays are working days till 7 PM except the Second and Fourth Saturdays.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Interns are required to bring their Laptops during the Internship.
- Usage of Pen drives and other USBs are strictly prohibited.
- Any Official data or confidential information belonging to Maheshwari & Co. shall not be misused or further transferred to any person without the permission of Senior Associates.
The Maheshwari & Co internship policy offers non-paid internships for interested undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. Based on your performance you may be offered an employment opportunity in future.
Last Date to Apply
You may apply between 45 to 30 days in advance from the date of commencement of the internship.
To be eligible for the Maheshwari & Co internship, interested persons are required to send their resumes and a cover letter to the firm or can send emails to [email protected].
Note: This is a "LawBhoomi Exclusive" opportunity/post.
Attention all law students!
Are you tired of missing out on internship, job opportunities and law notes?
Well, fear no more! With 45,000+ students already on board, you don't want to be left behind. Be a part of the coolest legal community around!
Join our WhatsApp Groups (Click Here) and Telegram Channel (Click Here) and get instant notifications.